GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Director of Operations- Big Sur Lodge
Guest Services, Inc. offers amazing benefits such as medical, dental, vision, a 401K matching program, paid time off, employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide, and more!
Apply today to join our All Star Team!
Our team members enjoy amazing benefits such as:
Pay starting at $70,000, plus housing!
Employer provided meals
Discounts in our retail shop and restaurant
Discounts on lodging (based on availability)
Complimentary camping opportunities
Health insurance options
401K savings plan
Paid time off
Employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide
We also encourage our team members to take advantage of the property! Whether you enjoy a slow morning walk or prefer a vigorous hike through the numerous footpaths of this breathtaking 1,006-acre state park, you'll be welcomed by some of the most scenic wonders our country has to offer.
The Director of Operations assists the Managing Director in all aspects of unit operations and floor management, including staff, equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. In addition, the Assistant General Manager assists in cultivating a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Assist Managing Director in the daily operations and floor management of the hotel and satellite operations.
- Ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times. Handle guests' complaints and solve them according to customer service standards.
- Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of facility to ensure quality standards.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the unit's staff at the direction of the Unit Manager. Assist in payroll procedures in submitting time and controlling labor costs.
- Conduct regularly scheduled department meetings for review of operational and standard procedures.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit's equipment, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify Unit Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Perform unit opening and/or closing procedures.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor's or Business Degree preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience in related management required.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.