A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking an outstanding scientist to lead our global NCE Discovery DMPK team. The focus of the Head of NCE Discovery DMPK will be to lead our European and North American discovery ADME team in support of early pipeline projects and concepts. As such, an individual with in-depth knowledge and expertise in ADME and PK/PD is essential. The candidate will collaborate, align, and influence cross-functional teams to design and optimize candidate drugs and mitigate key project questions related to PK, metabolism, assessment of DDI risk, human dose projections and support of PK/PD and efficacy studies.
- Responsible for providing ADME strategy, expertise, representation and resources to all small molecule discovery teams and across all therapeutic areas
- Direct internal and external DMPK activities, including routine studies, troubleshooting, and issue management for the given discovery projects
Who you are:Minimum qualifications:
- Provide strong management skills and demonstrate ability to lead an experienced multi-cultural team
- Operate as a close collaborator in a matrix environment
- Responsible for scientific leadership, design, analysis and reporting for all discovery data.
- Highly analytical, decisive, goal-oriented, and with a sense of urgency while maintaining the highest of scientific and ethical standards.
- PhD in Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics, Chemistry, or a related scientific discipline
- 10+ years industry experience in DMPK Drug Discovery and development projects
- Knowledge of the latest technological advances in the DMPK arena and demonstrate strong interest and expertise in PK and physicochemical properties modeling techniques.
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills. Team player with strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and partners outside of DMPK to enable high team performance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence.
What we offer:
- Experience working with CROs
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 216745
Career Level: E - Professional (10+ years)
Working time model: full-time