Job ID: 426190
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of End User Services, the Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations is accountable for the creation, performance, and maintenance of the overall technology infrastructure and service delivery strategy and plans for CRH Americas Materials (AMAT) IT. This includes the oversight and direction of solution partner providers for the company's North American data and voice network and services as well as hybrid computing and storage (inclusive of Cloud solutions, Colo/Hosted/Managed data centers and onsite servers, storage, etc.). Teams reporting to this position have ownership and service delivery responsibility of the corporate email/collaboration systems, voice and network infrastructure, hybrid cloud infrastructure, and associated management and automation tools. This position will also lead IT staff responsible for monitoring and diagnosing network and hardware incidents and problems. The Director, IT Infrastructure and Operations will work closely with the Business and IT teams to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Lead IT service delivery of all AMAT business services including setup, design, configuration, deployment, and maintenance of the infrastructure that supports business services.
- Enabling business digital transformation by understanding the business needs and adapting organizational structures, processes, metrics, and skills to align with our various stakeholders.
- Leverage automation to eliminate repetitive and low value activities and that is scalable to digital business needs.
- Measure availability and performance and cost through KPI's that focus on customer and business goals and needs.
- Ensure resilience requirements are evaluated at architecture phase and work with business leaders to decide how to close existing resiliency gaps.
- Provide a scalable DevOps platform that will enable self-service for creating, releasing and managing services.
- Treat CRH AMAT data (including IoT) as an asset that will be created and consumed in increasing number of ways and stored in more complex ways while maintain security and reliability.
- Lead the transformation of operations processes to AI; Ops to drive efficiencies and reliability through automation.
- Lead the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and support of IT systems, including (but not limited to) networks, data centers (including third-party solutions and hosting providers), servers, storage, operating systems and associated hardware, software, services and support agreements.
- Lead the identification, triage, troubleshooting, and resolution for major stability incidents affecting business processes. Problem management processes.
- Proactively manage vendor/partner relationships to ensure excellent support/delivery for business -critical operations requirements.
- Partnering with other IT teams and external vendors/partners, develop and implement cost effective solutions to improve the stability, availability, and performance for enterprise systems infrastructure.
- Manage the various operational budgets, including accurate forecasting, variance analysis, and spend management.
- Work with CRH AMAT IT Leadership to refine and implement Vision, Strategy, and Roadmaps for the Operations team.
- Work across IT funtions to develop and implement operational policies and procedures leveraging ITIL best practices, specifically those included in service transition, service operations, and continuous improvement.
- Oversee all reports and documentations related to network and systems operations, including those provided by third-party solutions and hosting providers.
- Develop lifecycle management schedules for all infrastructure.
- Approve purchase of equipment, supplies, software, services and support in order to meet operational requirements of the business.
- Analyze existing IT operations and future planned technology and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the overall CRH AMAT IT ecosystem, including development infrastructure and IT systems.
- Conduct research and remain current with latest technology and IT solutions, in support of IT procurement efforts.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development and conducting of request for proposal (RFP) processes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer-related discipline; or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years of IT Operational experience managing large teams in a large enterprise environment, with demonstrated advancing scope and level of responsibility.
- Strong technical knowledge of network operations and technologies, SD-WAN experience a strong plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of current computing hardware, protocols and standards including (but not limited to) Microsoft Operating systems, VMWare, Storage infrastructure, VoIP and Cloud Hosting.
- Proven experience in IT Infrastructure and Operations planning and development.
- Experience supporting IT Infrastructure of mission-critical business applications and systems. Examples include (but not limited to) Point of Sale (POS) Systems (Command Series, Libra, JWS a plus), Financial Systems (SAP or Viewpoint a plus).
- Working knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Ability to travel based on business needs up to 25%.
- Demonstrated business acumen and strategic agility.
- Strong understanding of IT Project Management principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams through appropriate recruitment / selection, coaching and employee management.
- Ability to collaborate, establish and maintain credible and influential relationships at all organizational levels.
- Strong oral & written communication, listening and presentation skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills and mindset.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
CRH Americas Materials Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 4, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Cloud, Pre-Sales, RFP, Operations Manager, Technology, Sales, Operations