Are you looking for an opportunity with plenty of growth potential? Do you enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced, collaborative environment? Are you interested in working with the world's most innovative companies to create a more connected world?
Connecting Continents. Impacting Communities.
The backbone of the Internet is a series of high-tech subsea fiber optic cables deployed throughout the globe - SubCom has deployed over 50% of them. Our employees ensure data communications networks are engineered, manufactured, deployed, and maintained to the highest standards, enabling faster and more reliable connectivity to communities worldwide. Every member of the SubCom team plays a role in an end-to-end process that is critical to enterprises, governments, big cities, and rural towns.
We encourage, expect, and value creativity, thoughtful risk taking, openness to change, and diverse perspectives. Whether you're a seasoned applicant seeking a new and exciting challenge, or you're new to the workforce and looking for a flexible, rewarding, and fast-paced position with an innovative and stable organization (since 1953), SubCom has opportunities to advance your career.
Lead a group of optical, mechanical, materials, reliability, and process engineers in teams focused on the design, development, qualification, introduction to manufacturing, and cost reduction of undersea cables.
- Senior leader to provide technical and managerial guidance and leadership for the New Product Development product design and implementation process, from the concept phase through the production ramp, for undersea fiber and cable designs.
- Gather, organize, and prepare program data for development program reviews with SubCom top leadership.
- Perform and lead Cable Value Analysis / Value Engineering programs to improve fiber, cable and process cost.
- Define and implement development program plans, including qualification testing for undersea fibers and cables; assess and manage cost and schedule.
- Provide guidance for cable manufacturing process development including process improvements, equipment upgrades, cost reductions, etc.
- Act as the technical interface with SubCom's three primary fiber suppliers to provide feedback on current fiber designs and to guide and provide design input on new fiber developments.
- Lead cross-functional program and problem-solving teams while providing design expertise and sustaining engineering support to factory and field.
- Perform design/cost trade-offs and schedule assessments to aid in the selection of optimal design alternatives.
- Support sales and marketing efforts as required, especially in the area of new product introduction (First Office Application) support.
- Recruit, guide, mentor, and grow personnel to support continuity of R&D expertise, experience, knowledge, and succession while maintaining and fostering a positive work environment.
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or similar field, or substantial technical experience in the undersea cable industry.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead a team of diverse experts including factory engineers, reliability engineers, and program managers in all aspects of subsea cable.
- Must be familiar with optical measurements and interpretation of the results.
- Must have some background in materials, materials testing, and design.
- Familiarity with quality methodologies and Design Of Experiments (DOE).
- Experience in cable design and/or cable manufacturing, and an understanding of undersea cable operations desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Candidates for positions with SubCom must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please be sure to attach a resume to your application. We are not able to consider applications without a resume. BENEFITS
SubCom offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to: competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance coverages, FSA, HSA, generous vacation, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and a 401(k) plan with generous company match. Additionally, some positions may be eligible for shift differential. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL EMPLOYER OPPORTUNITY
SubCom is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation.
SubCom engineers, manufactures, and installs subsea fiber optic data cables - the unsung heroes of global communication. With an unrelenting focus on quality, reliability, and value, SubCom offers flexible end-to-end building blocks for the high-tech networks that are the backbone of the world's digital infrastructure. Since 1955, SubCom has deployed enough cable to circle the equator more than 21 times. SUBCOM'S CORE VALUES
Quality - Accountability - Teamwork - Innovation
This job has expired.