This role will be responsible for leading contracts management transformation, process, systems, and tooling improvements for the Infrastructure-Sourcing Operations and Engineering ("SOE") organization. The leader's success will be measured by shaping the team and/or organization vision, strategies for future growth and scaling capabilities, and success of execution for: increased productivity of team members via systems, partnerships and other opportunities; org's compliance with Meta policies/practices; contract protections/risk mitigation for Meta; and development of contracting expertise. This role requires hands-on, contracts/transactional experience, with demonstrated leadership of large teams across various areas such as direct sourcing/manufacturing, indirect sourcing, logistics, new product development/launch, supply chain models, contracts-related operations/compliance, and program management. The successful candidate for this role will be highly adaptable and have demonstrated deep expertise in commercial, legal, and contracts-related operations skills, for effective leadership and collaboration in typically high-risk/ambiguous contract negotiations and contracting transformation initiatives.
Director, Contracts Management, Infrastructure Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a cohesive, effective, efficient team of contracts managers to identify opportunities and optimize Meta's contract positions, compliance and processes/tools/policies to scale aligned with Meta culture.
- Develop and proactively drive the vision for contracts management and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Partner across cross-functional teams to develop and implement contracting strategies, systems, tools, and processes necessary to scale to company/org requirements.
- Establish and foster cross-functional relationships to proactively identify large challenges impacting org and partner with/influence teams to resolve.
- Have broad, deep understanding of Meta's processes, tools, and policies and how that may impact work/process of contracts or org, and drive for continuous improvements.
- Define, implement and manage a consistent and scalable contract metrics approach and execution.
- Hire, develop, and lead a team of contracts professionals to effectively execute on Meta strategies.
- Drive team's alignment with Meta values and culture.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in contract's transactional work.
- 15+ years of increasing strategic Contracts Management leadership experience, including experience leading, developing, and inspiring teams of contracts professionals at mid-to-large companies.
- J.D. degree or Business Management.
- Caring and trustworthy leader committed to the growth and development of individuals.
- Demonstrated creative thinking in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to old problems.
- Demonstrated experience handling complex IP, supply chain models, and direct/indirect sourcing agreements, and delivering data-driven results.
- Experience adjusting to changing priorities and in making decisions with limited information. Experience navigating ambiguity and championing change.
- Experience working with contracts and records management efficiencies, with extensive experience across a broad spectrum of contract types, contract clauses, and business records.
- Experience with process development and continuous improvement in contracts playbooks, deal-to-contract intake/pipelines, and other related procedures and tools.
- High tech/engineering/manufacturing products/background (e.g., semiconductor, IP core licensing, hardware, memory).
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.