Position Summary: To fulfill the mission of Endeavor Schools by overseeing the day-to-day operations of the assigned school while demonstrating exceptional leadership skills, professional conduct, and communication skills. In addition, school leaders are responsible for orchestrating relations with staff, students and families to build a healthy school with a strong sense of community and guiding the day-to-day operation of the school in compliance with all federal, state, accreditation, and internal regulations in an ethical manner.
Financial & Operational Performance
- Meet enrollment objectives and established metrics for school performance by planning and executing student retention and enrollment activities.
- Manage against approved budget and provide accurate financial, operational and academic reporting and analysis to Endeavor Schools.
- Conduct tours conveying school's principles and culture to prospective parents and follow up accordingly.
- Plan and allocate resources cost effectively (i.e kitchen supplies, classroom material, technology, etc.)
Parent & Student Satisfaction
- Implement a value-added enrichment program and nurture a culture that strives for excellence while valuing and recognizing the contributions of each and every team member.
- Work with staff and families to analyze and meet the needs of individual students (Individual Learning Plans).
- Ensure that school staff promote a nurturing and warm environment and make optimal use of school facilities to promote a rich, well-rounded experience for students.
- Build relationships through school events that promote goodwill within the community.
Compliance & Internal Processes
- Adhere to Employee Handbook and Endeavor Schools' systems and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure the school complies with all federal, state and local regulations and licensing requirements.
- Maintain ratios and distributions at all times, using creative and financially responsible means to ensure classrooms are properly staffed.
- Attain and retain school accreditations.
- Ensure completion of all required paperwork and record keeping on a timely basis and maintains same in an organized, up-to-date manner per guidelines established by Endeavor Schools.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of all students and staff under the school's jurisdiction as well as the maintenance and order of the entire campus by conducting regular inspections and implementing cleaning/maintenance routines.
- Recommend operating policy and procedural improvements as needed.
Hire and retain highly qualified staff as measured by education and experience. Partner with Human Resources to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ staff based on school needs.
- Monitor employee performance through goal setting, feedback, and periodic evaluations. Provide recognition and/or take necessary disciplinary actions (including performance improvement plans) conducive to staff development and success.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff; overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Create a workplace culture that is consistent with Endeavor's mission, vision and core values; ensuring that engagement programs are being utilized to their full potential.
- Meet regularly with staff to identify and respond to the needs of teachers in all areas to better meet the needs of our students.
Leadership: Rallies teammates around a shared vision and provides motivation and support to reach shared objectives. Provides timely feedback, coaching, and development opportunities for staff. Serves as a role model for our core values.
Emotional Intelligence (EQ): Cultivates the interpersonal skills and emotional discipline to forge authentic relationships with teammates in order to establish mutual trust, respect and Ability to relate joyfully and sensitively to children.
Collaboration: Involves parents, colleagues, and partners with the community in a collaborative effort to provide seamless support for students.
Communication: Communicates effectively with parents and students with sensitivity, honesty, and empathy. Discusses matters with staff and leadership directly and in a professional manner.
Organization and Time Management: Ensures that priorities are aligned with key business objectives and resources are mobilized to maximize Return on Time Invested. Focuses time and energy on value-added activities.
Adaptability: Maintain a calm, positive, and professional demeanor even in the face of challenges and adversity.
Growth Mindset: Models a "Growth Mindset" by consistently seeking to develop oneself and others.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or delegated by management to meet the business needs of Endeavor Schools.
At Endeavor Schools, we strive to inspire and draw out the best in each other by celebrating our differences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. Merit governs all aspects of consideration for employment with Endeavor Schools, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.