Zimmer Biomet is a world leader in musculoskeletal health solutions. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
This is an intermediate level position for an engineer with prior experience in a professional position. In this position, the individual conducts detailed engineering work related to priority assignments. Project management responsibilities require sufficient professional expertise to assure competence as an experienced engineer as well as interpersonal skills required to work with other company disciplines. Work is expected to encompass both the development of new products and maintenance of existing products
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Lead member of other departments and functional areas on matters related to existing products or new product development projects
* Maintain essential records and documentation per guidelines
* Identify all tasks required to complete project assignments according to New Product Development procedures
* Prepares work plans outlining estimated manpower requirements and development costs
* Recommends project budget and schedule to carry out programs on a timely basis.
* Prepare definitive new product specifications subject to review by supervisor or other experienced engineer.
Expected Areas of Competence
* Familiarity with drafting standards and geometric differences and tolerancing
* Understanding of human physiology, joint mechanics and Computer-aided Design (CAD) technology
* Active participation in development meetings with surgeons and key Zimmer personnel
* Ability to effectively work within a team to expedite completion of critical project tasks with other functional groups
* Helping to identify customer requirements for a new product
* Establishing a process method which meets performance and quality requirements
* Microsoft Office Suite and Project
* Broad knowledge in the specialty area and good knowledge of principles and practices or related specialties.
* Assure preproduction quality requirements are met.
* Defines technical problems of moderate complexity and recommends alternative solutions.
* Well-developed interpersonal communication and problems solving skills are essential.
* B.S. degree from an ABET accredited school (or global equivalent) in an engineering or science discipline, as preferred by the specific department
* Minimum 3 years of experience
* Up to 10%
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the \"essential functions\" for purposes of the ADA.
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.
This job has expired.