Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality suggest using our boiler plate description language: arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where we don't use this phrase of marketing ourselves - we use our purpose statement: " we operate to a higher standard to build a better world.
Req. ID: 20825
PURPOSE: Responsible for completing 3D CAD modeling, 2D Drafting, word processing and other activities related to documenting and designing Environmental Systems product designs and specifications.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Prepare layouts, details, drawings, and designs according to engineering specifications, using a computer
- Review engineering drawings and supporting documents to verify freedom of movement between parts and adherence to the organization or industry standard practices
- Analyze designs and confer with the engineering staff to resolve details not completely defined
- Create, modify, retrieve and store electronic files using document management system and/or database
- Create new and/or modify existing 3D models and 2D drawings using CAD system
- Create new and/or modify existing documentation using various word processing programs and databases
- Review drawings to verify completeness, clarity, and accuracy of drawing
- Transfer drawing dimensions from CAD system onto hardcopy, using peripheral equipment
- Investigate and procure all data required to develop a design
- Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams
- Employs best combination of preliminary information and contributing data to develop final design
- Generate work orders for prototype parts and assist with new product builds as needed.
- Work with manufacturing and Quality Assurance to ensure manufacturability of designs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company's 2025 Strategy.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
- High school education or equivalent experience with additional education preferred
- The ability to process figures, type and maintain neat and accurate records
- Good manual dexterity and a high degree of accuracy in records and filing
- Ability to handle a constantly changing series of priorities
- Strong knowledge in all drafting standards, departmental procedures, and tool design practices
- Ability to effectively apply all standards, practices and procedures
- Highly proficient in the use of the CAD system (Solid Edge preferred)
- Capable of doing complex 3D modeling and design work in the CAD system
- Ability to calculate complex mathematics, including trigonometry
- Proficient in use of excel, word, and other word processing software
- Experience with databases and document management software preferred
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments with minimum or no instruction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Safety and quality conscious
- Capable of making decisions on design details for parts, assemblies, and products
- Ability to perform well as a team leader or team member and to meet deadlines as required
- Well rounded mechanical background; excellent manual dexterity
Lincoln Electric is a $3B publicly traded company (NASDAQ:LECO) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 55 manufacturing locations in 18 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department. Employment Status:
Hourly Full-Time Function:
Lincoln Cleveland (US10) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Canton Nearest Secondary Market:
Akron Job Segment:
Document Management, Welding, Quality Assurance, Database, Technology, Manufacturing
This job has expired.