EMCOR Services/Aircond, is the largest commercial and industrial heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) service company in the Southeast. For more than 80 years, Aircond has designed and delivered comprehensive HVAC solutions to businesses seeking to enhance their productivity and efficiency. Guided by three generations of family leadership, today Aircond delivers a full spectrum of facility services to single and multi-site clients, from HVAC service to complete operations and maintenance solutions.
EMCOR Services Aircond is looking for an entry level engineer that will assist with the design and management of HVAC projects in North and South Carolina. You will be given the opportunity to be involved with projects from start to finish. The successful candidate will assist with the conceptual design, budget cost, sales, final design and management of the project through completion. This unique position will allow hands on training and ability to learn much more about HVAC than virtually any other engineering position in this field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the conceptual design
- Assist in budgeting job costs
- Assist the sales team in surveying jobs and developing a solution for the customer
- Perform the final design and generate drawings for permitting, when required
- Management of the project through completion for larger, complex jobs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited school
- A minimum of 3 years prior work experience in a related position
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and equipment operation, design drawings, specifications, shop drawings, manufacturer's cuts and details
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong strategic, proactive thinking skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD experience
- Ability to Work Within Strong Teams to Support Overall Company Objectives
- Strong Adherence to Company Safety Goals; Must Embrace Company Safety Culture
Ability to read, interpret and analyze routine business communications and to compose standard business correspondence. Must be able to present information, data, facts and figures across all organizational levels. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to perform simple mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averages and percentages. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes complex written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License required, Professional Engineering License and Mechanical Contractors License preferredPHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and physically able to survey equipment at job sites. Must be able to perform work outdoors in year round weather conditions while surveying equipment.WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position works in a typical office environment. Work also includes standing, walking and climbing at customer locations as needed. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required while performing certain tasks.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.