Reality Labs at Meta is a world leader in the design of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) systems. Come work alongside technology visionaries and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. The Cameras & Depth (C&D) team gathers world class expertise and talent in photographic and machine vision cameras, imaging sensors, and depth, and owns the development and validation for all these sensing systems across the whole AR, VR, & Portal product portfolios. As a Depth Technology Incubation Manager, you will lead and expand an agile team of experienced technical experts in the depth architecture team, shepherding a targeted portfolio of next-generation technologies from initial concept, early system prototyping, and experiential validation. A successful candidate in this position will be effective at ruthlessly prioritizing and managing a tight portfolio to target the closing of specific experiential gaps between aspirational experience and current product capabilities, be passionate about agile technology development, accelerating feedback through fast prototyping and evaluation, and have successfully demonstrated leading a technology incubation effort from concept to product commit.
Depth Technology Incubation Manager Responsibilities:
- Grow and lead a diverse team of accomplished scientists and engineers through targeted recruiting, career growth and development, and by implementing appropriate organizational structure and technology incubation processes.
- Manage a roadmap portfolio of next-generation technologies from initial concept, early system prototyping, and experiential validation.
- Influence partners' roadmap definition and development to meet Meta's product needs.
- Explore, propose, and create innovative high-performance depth system architecture proposals within stringent area and power efficiency constraints, targeting Meta's leading-edge AR and VR devices.
- Lead the drafting of SOWs, selection of strategic prototyping partners with line-of-sight to productization, and manage small-scale prototype builds for internal proof of experience testing and validation.
- Draft and own detailed specification documentation for internal and external partners.
- Participate in and drive deep technical weekly reviews with key external design partners, from top level architecture, critical blocks, functional models, and deep technical exchange.
- Travel both domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- 7+ years engineering consumer products experience (product concept through mass production)
- Experience communicating clearly and working effectively in a collaborative team
- Experience successfully prototyping and building consumer electronics products
- BS in Electrical, Computer Engineering or related experience
- 2+ years experience in engineering tech leadership role
- Masters or PhD in computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of IC fabrication processes and device physics
- Experience development depth systems
- Experience in prototyping, characterization and debugging of image/depth sensor IC
- Familiar with CMOS image processing, depth performance analysis, imaging algorithms
- Experience development cameras and optical systems
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.