Reality Labs is a world leader in the design of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) systems. Come work alongside technology visionaries and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. The TED Sensors team gathers world class expertise and talent in photographic, machine perception imaging sensors, depth, inertial, and bio sensing systems, and owns the development and validation for all these sensing systems across the whole AR, VR & Portal product portfolios. We are looking for a Depth Sensor (RX) Architect who will partner with a team of engineers covering the full technology innovation cycle covering from concept, architecture, development to validate the 3D depth sensor system for both AR and VR products in pursuit of optimal sensing solutions that will enable our bold product vision. This individual will also work with academic institutes and industry 3D sensor leaders to define and develop the next generation low power high resolution dToF/IToF technology roadmap.
Depth Sensor Architect Responsibilities:
- Lead technical efforts and own the architecture strategy for productization of novel depth sensor for augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR) and other social presence products.
- Benchmarking existing depth sensor technologies, identifying areas of valuable technology investment for incubating new technologies into research prototypes, developing the next generation low power high resolution depth sensor technology roadmap.
- Collaborate with Product manager, system architect and depth module team to down-select the optimum architect for the sensor to be intercepted in the AR/VR product.
- MS in Physics, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience engineering CMOS image sensor or ToF sensor.
- Experience in communicating cross-functionally and drive external design house/supplier.
- Basic knowledge of analog and mixed signal design, simulation, verification methodology and full chip integration at circuit and chip level.
- Experience in image sensor/depth sensor performance benchmarking.
- PhD degree in Electrical engineering, Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or related fields.
- Experience in creating radiometric and photometric models from sensor characterization data, create synthetic images using the characterization data and correlate with product/features requirements.
- Experience in working with sensor vendors to drive the sensor spec/performance discussion.
- Familiarity with the emerging Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality technologies
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of depth modules, Diffractive Optical Elements, VCSEL, VCSEL driver, and computer vision.
- Experience in char/valid/debugging depth performance for iToF or SPAD based dToF sensor.
- Understanding the fundamentals of sensor ASIC design and manufacturing flow, depth sensor operation, SPAD related technologies including PLL/DLL/TDC, and depth signal processing.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.