Responsible for an efficient and quality pick-up, relocation, and delivery, of office equipment in a safe manner. Installation and networking of gear may be necessary during overall delivery to customer. The quality and professionalism in which driver conducts himself can have a direct impact on future customer purchase decisions. Driver to provide basic training on the device(s) being delivered. Position requires all federal DOT requirements be met. Meet all Delivery Safety Standards
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures equipment is safely delivered to the correct location.
- Maintains log books in accordance with DOT regulations (Electronic or manual)
- Responsible for pre and post trip reviews and ensures that his/her vehicle van/truck is safe and clean to operate and is compliant with all DOT and state laws
- Performing pick-up of product at same time as delivery, thus minimizing costs
- Performs basic connected installations, such as the ability to setting up IP addresses, downloading print drivers, remove hard drivers when required, back-up and upload customer's existing address book, and provide basic customer training on printing standalone and network devices
- Participation in Safety Programs.
- Pre-calling customers when applicable.
- Achieves expected productivity levels associated with assigned workload and level of experience
- Demonstrates good technical skills
- Demonstrates excellent customer relation skills.
- Identifies customer's needs and determines appropriate action; refers calls to appropriate party.
- Provides constructive feedback to service and process team regarding networking and installation initiatives
- Provides basic customer training on printing standalone and network devices.
- Completes technical training on new equipment as required
- Maintain professional appearance in driver uniform
- Contacts the Dispatch and/or service department if technician is needed.
- Ensures equipment is configured to the Bill of Lading, traveler or other documentation provided.
- Ensures equipment is properly loaded and secured in the boxed van/truck.
- Use of phone to capture electronic customer signature upon completion of scheduled transactions.
This job has expired.
- Ensures all paperwork is signed and properly processed, as required.
- Loading/ Off-loading trucks may apply.
- Helps train new Delivery Drivers on new products - proper loading, where applicable.
- Follows all accident/incident reporting guidelines and procedures
- Conducts cycle counts and inventory reconciliation when required.
- Reconcile inventory at the end of the day based on route completion and report discrepancies.
- Meets appropriate productivity/quality standards relative to assigned job responsibility as outlined by manager.
- Responsible for an inventory value of up to $1,000,000.
- Overnight stays may be required.
- Operation and use of warehouse equipment, i.e., forklift, stair climber, pallet jack, is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Safe driving record and History
- On line technical training focused on networking and installation
- On the Job training with field technicians at customer location and or at Transfer Center
- Eligibility to drive a commercial vehicle according to FMCSR regulations.
- Must maintain valid driver's license in accordance with company policy.
- Minimum two years of medium-duty truck driving experience is required.
- Pass a road Test
- Valid and current medical card is required
- Be at least 20 years of age, properly licensed in his or her current state of residence.
- High school diploma or equivalent education is required.
- Valid commercial driver's license is required if applicable per state
- Ability to read maps and electronic GPS
- Overnight stays may be required based on DOT regulations or Peak Periods.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.