Meta is seeking a Data Scientist for the Business Marketing Research & Intelligence team. In this role, you are responsible for using internal and external data to uncover unique insights (about both consumers and businesses) that can inform decision making and enable business marketing and sales. You will work closely with research, marketing, sales, and other data science teams to scope, design, and execute data science projects, and to tell compelling stories from your analyses. The ideal candidates are self-starters, fast learners, and team players with experience working cross-functionally with internal partners. They are intellectually curious, passionate about working with big data, have demonstrated success in solving complex business problems using data and analytics, and are able to move fast while maintaining focus on high-impact projects.
Data Scientist, Business Marketing Research & Intelligence Responsibilities:
- Data exploration and ETL, creation and maintenance of data pipelines, quantitative modeling and analysis, data visualization and dashboarding, communication of insights and recommendations.
- Work with large and complex data sets to solve a wide array of challenging problems using different analytical methods.
- Manage the full cycle of a data science project from data requirement gathering all the way to reporting/communication of findings.
- Partner with research teams and use internal data to inform research, test hypotheses, and supplement third party research work.
- Partner with marketing/sales and other relevant cross-functional teams to scope, design, and execute data science projects that uncover actionable insights to enable marketing and sales.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve existing work or to fill in gaps.
- 3+ years experience and proficiency in SQL and Python (or R).
- 3+ years of experience in a data science/analytics capacity, performing applied quantitative analysis utilizing large data sets.
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional partners.
- Communication skills with experience in communicating results and analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop).
- 3+ years experience and proficiency in dashboarding using Tableau or similar tools.
- Proven work ethics with great attention to detail and quest for quality.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and adapt to rapidly changing business environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Econometrics, Data Science) or in Business Analytics with a quantitative background.
- Experience in using NLP, ML, and topic modeling to surface insights from large-scale text data.
- Knowledge of the advertising/marketing industry, in particular the digital advertising ecosystem.
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Econometrics, Data Science) or in Business Analytics with a strong quantitative background.
- Proven track record of leveraging data and analytics to drive business value.
- Experience initiating and managing projects with minimal oversight.
- Experience in advanced statistical or probabilistic modeling.
- Experience in working with Marketing/Sales functions.
- Experience in building data pipelines via SQL and Python-based ETL framework.
- Experience in building strong cross-functional relationships and driving collaborations.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.