About LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group is a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services that help businesses and governmental entities reduce risk and improve decisions to benefit people around the globe. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, Georgia, we have offices throughout the world and are part of RELX (LSE: REL/NYSE: RELX), a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. For more information, please visit risk.lexisnexis.com/group and www.relx.com.
Explore our passion for discovery
Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We're adaptable, curious and ambitious. That's why here, you'll have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more.
Patented Identity Management
We use our proprietary linking technology in combination with our own unique identifier, LexID®, to resolve, match and manage information to help customers fight fraud, mitigate risk and remain compliant.
DATA ENGINEER II
LexisNexis is looking for a Data Engineer who will assist in the data processing life cycle to create, design, code, debug, maintain, test, implement and validate applications with a broad skillset. With a fresh set of eyes help analyzes our existing applications or formulate logic for new applications, procedures, and debugging programs. In addition help us maintains and monitor current applications.
Experience and Education:
Technical and Interpersonal Skills May Include:
- 3+ years' experience in data management area with a technical competencies demonstrated.
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering/Computer Science preferred but not required); or equivalent experience required.
Key Responsibilities May Include
- File management skills and logic.
- Ability to work with simple data models.
- Proficiency in development languages including but not limited to: Bash Scripting, .Net, SQL, Windows, Unix, HPCC.
- Cloud Experience (any)
- Familiarity of Industry best practices - Code coverage.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Good knowledge of data manipulation languages.
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Own specific set or group of data transfers in various capacities including collection setup, data transfer setup, contributor/customer setup, etc.
- Oversee specific database management ensuring structure and dataflow adheres to department standards.
- Perform daily data loads ensuring recurring updates are logged and tracked.
- Utilize various data workflow management and analysis tools.
- Produce code that is efficient, repeatable, and adherent to best practices such as naming conventions, encapsulation, etc.
- Good level of intimacy within a specific data content area.
- Participate in process improvement and compliance to successfully and consistently deliver high quality services on time, and to specification, resulting in flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet business needs.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of data components of moderate complexity.
- Complete simple data engineering bug fixes and resolve technical issues as necessary.
- Work closely with other engineering team members to understand data and translate requirements.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Participate in project reviews.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- All other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.