Meta is seeking an entry level engineer to apply their technical skills in a fast-paced and complex environment. Having a working knowledge of server hardware and the desire to participate in projects at a large-scale data center is central to this role. This position will work to resolve and diagnose server issues at scale, escalate issues and work with engineering teams. Additionally, this role will work within the rack lifecycle processes with a focus on helping build out and enable cloud scale compute and storage environments. Solid communication skills are a requirement for this role. This person should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility will be key to their success. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and also within groups.The candidate should also have a working knowledge and experience in at least one of the following core areas: Networking, Programming/Scripting, Hardware and OS repair.
Data Center Operations Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work within Meta's ticketing system in support of the health of Meta's server fleet
- First point of contact for break fix technicians
- Accountable for assisting with projects (new capacity as well as retrofits) and repairs throughout the data center
- Understand and initial analysis to debug hardware, and Linux OS related issues
- Demonstrate personal leadership, identifying and helping to create documentation for the global data center knowledge base
- Assist with process improvements and best practices in data center operations
- Participate in on-call rotation (once a month on call for a week after hours, first point of contact)
- Working conceptual knowledge of technologies such as HTTP, DNS, RAID, and DHCP
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree or commensurate experience in relevant technical areas
- Working conceptual knowledge of developing in Python, SQL, and/or shell scripting
- Knowledge of Linux and server hardware repairs
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.