Data Center Building Automation & Control Technician
Job Description Summary
Regional role with multi-site responsibility supporting and maintaining the building automation systems in mission critical environments. Position requires a hands-on technician with in-depth knowledge of programmable logic controllers, electro-mechanical actuators, Proportional Integral Derivative (PID) controllers/loops, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems, scripting/programing, computer networking, controller networking, and extensive troubleshooting skills.
$5000 SIGN ON BONUS for qualified candidates
Due to our client's requirement, this particular position requires employees to provide acceptable documentation showing full vaccination as per CDC guidelines at the time of employment.
- Perform periodic preventative maintenance to ensure issues are detected early and resolved before the equipment fails. Work with OEM to track open repairs and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and repair field wiring and sensors. Perform modifications to controllers, sensors, components, and troubleshoot communications issues.
- Perform root cause analysis of HVAC controls systems malfunctions while striving for continuous improvement and making recommendations.
- Create automation scripts\programs, databases, graphics, and alarms.
- Startup and commissioning of new systems and functions
- Work closely with installation subcontractors and coordinate work with them to ensure projects are completed on time and per code, standards, and contract requirements
- Perform a point-to-point checkout per standard procedures
- Perform quality control on the maintenance of programs, database, graphics, alarms.
- Perform software/hardware calibration required for proper equipment and system operation.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of each site system, including but not limited to device inventory, wiring schematics, panel elevations, floor plans, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates or technical degree preferred.
- Five or more (5+) years' experience with working controls knowledge of AHU's, chiller plants, complex fan systems, and building controls head-ends.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, building mechanical/electrical drawings and technical guides.
- Ability to effectively communicate progress, status, and issues to internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of scripting and programming languages (i.e., Visual Basic, ladder logic, etc.)
- Working knowledge of common network protocols, TCP/IP, BacNET, LAN/WAN topologies, routing and switching. Use of tools like WireShark, Putty, Terminal Server, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
• Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
• Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
• Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
• Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
• Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.
This job has expired.