The Analyst, Batch Analytics position exists to support our Product, Vertical, and Sales teams with insights derived from LexisNexis' vast array of products and data sources. Adept at using a variety of current programming languages, and data visualization tools on large data sets to produce compelling data driven stories that pro-actively show our customers the power of our products to drive improved business outcomes. Requirements include a mid-level understanding of programming/data manipulation, data cleansing, statistical/analytical, and quality assurance techniques. This position will work on multiple projects concurrently, self-manages tasks with minimal supervision, and may be asked to lead small projects. Will have some domain expertise in the lines of business, points in the insurance continuum, products, and corresponding data sources. Under guidance of manager or senior analysts, the incumbent will present their work efforts, results, and conclusions to other analytics associates, our internal customers, and potentially to external customers in a manner appropriate to the audiences' level of understanding.
1. Independently or as part of a team, conducts data manipulation, executes product tests and data appends, analyzes results, and creates presentations in support of customer product tests and evaluations, pro-active sales material, product performance/monitoring, and product development efforts.
2. Follows analytical, programming, and quality assurance guidelines, standards, and best practices.
3. Managing their own tasks independently, completes tasks efficiently and embraces team collaboration for multiple concurrent projects.
4. Able to present their work effort, results, and conclusions in a manner appropriate to the audience's level of understanding and is willing and able to ask for help/work with others as necessary.
5. Some domain expertise in the lines of business, points in the insurance continuum, products, and data sources that they regularly work with including, but not limited to, the basic regulatory, contractual, and legal/compliance constraints as well as sources, update frequencies, and nuances within the data.
1. Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, data science, or other quantitative field (or equivalent years' experience).
2. 3+ years experience in data management area with technical competencies demonstrated.
3. Strong expertise in one or more of the following: Python, SAS, R or equivalent analytic software.
4. Experience manipulating and merging multiple large data sets in a distributed computing environment.
5. Fluency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI or other presentation packages.
6. Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to describe statistical results to non-statistical audiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!