Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Showroom Sales Manager leads the design sales team and manages showroom operations to maximize specifications and sales leads, ensure sales closure, and gain market share.
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision:
- Develops and executes strategies to drive new business and relationships in the assigned market(s). Prospects for new business with an emphasis on Custom Builders and Residential Designers. Makes outside sales calls as needed and follows up on leads to grow and drive business.
- Provides interior design advice and product expertise, facilitates tile and stone selection, and project development/support ensuring the completion of selection/sales for all customers. Where applicable utilizing Auto-CAD Project Management.
- Logs all client showroom visits, contact information, and detailed customer preference and selection notes in CMT. Effectively communicates with customers and internal team members to follow lead and ensure tracking/follow up and sales closure. Reports sales closures monthly.
- Promotes showroom through all aspects of marketing/media and events concentrating on a diverse customer base to optimize exposure. Plans and hosts events to draw new customers into the Showroom. (Min. 1 large event/2 small events per quarter). Attends industry related events to network and promote the showroom.
- Recruits, trains, leads and develops associates in all areas of job specific responsibilities. Provides leadership and direction to employees in the pursuit of Showroom objectives. Clearly defines goals and objectives for Showroom personnel to measure performance and communicate these objectives to the staff on a regular basis. Plans and prepares work schedules, assigns staff to specific duties, supervises, and keeps operating records.
- Maintains showroom samples and merchandising including ordering, receiving, and maintaining samples and displays. Ships customer samples as needed to drive sales. Complies with Marketing's standards for proper merchandising of showroom, including new product launches and drops. Researches and monitors industry trends, maintains contact with suppliers/locally sourced vendors and determines what 3rd party products should be added to optimize product specifications.
- Prepares and coordinates sales promotion activities. Maintains and updates design aid tools that help secure customer sales.
- Responsible for the safe operations of the Gallery including proper opening and closing of the store. Responsible for securing expensive assets.
- Resolves customer complaints when they arise.
- Works in a team environment and collaborates with SSC Managers, Arch Reps, Sales Reps and showroom staff to optimize sales.
- Evening and weekend hours required.
- Performs other duties as required
- Requires Bachelor's degree with 3+ years' experience, 1+ years of management experience preferred
- OR, 4 additional years' experience in lieu of degree
- (7 years total experience)
Associates Supervised:Other Pertinent Job Information:
- Excellent oral, written, listening, communication and management skills necessary to effectively interact with team members, management, and other internal and external customers to build positive relationships.
- Business acumen and strategic thinking
- Advanced design skills. Ability to approach unfamiliar situations and conceptualize a range of creative and imaginative solutions with ease, using creative skills to document and sell them to client.
- Versed on design trends and customer buying habits.
- Computer skills - MSOffice, MSWord, Excel and Power point. Knowledge of CMT a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to frequently lift up to 50 pound
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k,Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.