Facility: LEA COUNTY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for the implementation and operation of a viable recreation program for all inmates. Oversees the recreation facilities and equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and organizes recreation activities.
- Coaches all athletic teams.
- Organizes and conducts all competitions and tournaments.
- Explains and demonstrates to inmates the proper technique and use of all recreational equipment, including the enforcement of safety rules and regulations.
- Inspects recreation area for cleanliness and safety.
- Conducts weekly safety training sessions with recreation orderlies and clerks.
- Checks all inmates in and out of the gym.
- Maintains recreation department records.
- Orders, maintains, and schedules the repair of all recreation department equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.