This position provides specialized second level technical support to CounselLink clients and law firms.
Delivers post-sale services at customer sites, including installation, maintenance and repair of organization and third-party products and services to ensure that all function properly | Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations that may favorably impact performance General Profile: Developing professional role with working knowledge in own discipline Solves a range of routine problems Demonstrates some proficiency with concepts and processes Analyses possible solutions using standard procedures Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction from more senior level roles Recommended Skills: Functional Knowledge: Requires expanded conceptual knowledge in own job discipline and broadens capabilities Business Expertise: Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work Leadership: No supervisory responsibilities but may provide guidance to new associates Problem Solving: Solves standard problems by analyzing possible solutions using experience, judgment and precedents Impact: Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies Interpersonal Skills: Explains information to others in straightforward situations.
- Resolve complex technical problems via telephone or email; often may require coordination with various internal and external resources to get problems escalated and influence product direction.
- Provide consultative technical support to other 2nd level support organizations.
- Perform trend analysis on recurring problems and identify opportunities to improve product and process.
Technical Support Representation on Projects/Products
- Represent and support customer interests in the product development process. Review and comment on initial product requirements.
- Participate in project checkpoint/rollout meetings.
- Function as Customer Support technical expert in assigned products and technology areas.
- Provide feedback on new product features and document technical solutions to the customer.
- Complete appropriate advanced training and skill development in product and concentration areas to support the customer base, individual developmental needs, team objectives and department goals.
- Develop, implement, and present advanced technical training within a particular product or concentration area for Customer Support.
- Review first-level training documentation in assigned project areas, providing updates and corrections as needed.
- Share information related to industry awareness, product awareness, specialized technical training seminars and new approaches to customer problems.
- Promote organizational growth by taking an active role in cross training of team members.
- Participate in departmental projects that improve the productivity of the organization.
- Successful performance in a technical customer support capacity displaying a high level of technical expertise, problem solving, interpersonal and project management skills.
- 2-3 years of relevant job experience.
- Need to be self-motivated to learn a complex software application to an expert level without a structured classroom environment.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written are a necessity as well as being able to make complex technical terminology comprehendible to the end user.
- Willingness to continue self-development in the areas of technical expertise as well as professional skills.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent training in business and/or computer science is preferred.
- Support hours are 9a to 9p Monday through Friday. Shift subject to change based on business need.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.