Job ID: 404241
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The Customer Service role with us isn't just a job- it's a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and we will equip you with the knowledge you need to be successful. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within. You can be our next success story.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner, who loves to be a part of a team, and who wants to help us get better, every single day.
If that sounds like YOU, come join this industry leader!
Serves customers by providing product and service information, resolving product and service problems, and process orders.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Maintain broad knowledge of client products and services
• Keep records of customer interactions and transactions
• Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy
• Accurately take phone orders.
• Data entry of faxed, emailed and phone in orders for production
• Coordinate between sales and production to meet customer deadlines
• Notify customers of expected delivery date and time.
• Resolves product or service problems by clarifying customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustments; following up to ensure resolution
• Travel with outside sales personnel as required promoting customer relations
• Assisting sales staff with expediting orders and communications with the production floor
• Answer the telephone and direct callers to appropriate departments
• Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner
Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
To be considered for the Customer Service position, the following conditions must be met:
• A minimum of 1 year previous customer service experience
• Strong organizational and listening skills
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work with deadlines
• Must be able to communicate effectively and conduct themselves professionally, with excellent written and verbal communications
• Able to read and perform mathematical calculations, and write measurements in number fractions at a high school education level
• Ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and specifications
• Computer experience a must and typing of numbers with accuracy
• Previous customer service experience in glass industry preferred
• Personal desktop computers, fax machine, copy machine, calculator, writing instruments, telephone, and various printers.
• Issued safety equipment
• This position is a largely sedentary; however, caution needs to be taken when listing files, boxes, opening file cabinet drawers.
• To avoid injuries to hands, back and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at desk/workstation.
• Primarily works in an office environment with controlled climate.
• Ability to perform light hand activity work at a computer/telephone station in an office environment. Position is primarily sedentary.
• Some duties may involve being in a plant environment where noise levels can be moderate to high and be subject to the same general climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.).
• Chemicals, dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls and PPE.
• While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company's hazardous communication program.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types or work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment contract between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
What OBE Offers You
• Highly competitive base pay
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
• Group retirement savings program
• Health and wellness programs
• A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 31, 2022
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Machinist, Outside Sales, Data Entry, Engineer, Manufacturing, Sales, Administrative, Engineering
Round Rock, Texas
Posted 23 minutes ago
Round Rock, Texas
Posted 23 minutes ago
Kansas City, Missouri
Posted 22 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!