Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
This position is responsible for developing accurate and timely estimates for both private and public sector works projects to ensure Company is a responsive bidder.
This position is responsible for developing accurate and timely estimates for both private and public sector works projects to ensure Granite is a responsive bidder.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Comprehend and administer a safety program that provides for a safe work environment that meets or exceeds Granite's Annual Incident Goal, and foster a culture that expects participation at all levels
2. Create and promote, in his/her organization, the ability to recognize and understand the appropriate environmental policies, rules, and the potential adverse affects to the environment due to operations, and take steps necessary to comply with policy/rules, and mitigate the effects of operations
3. Create and/or foster a quality culture that recognizes the affect of quality on all operations, and takes steps necessary to provide a product or service that is a source of pride for our workers, and pleasing to our customers
4. Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location and other factors to ensure a high quality and timely estimate.
5. Review drawings, specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate.
6. Discuss and analyze alternative solutions and construction methods with field supervision and Senior/Chief Estimator to increase competitiveness of the bid.
7. Perform accurate quantity "take-off" to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates.
8. Utilize existing cost history as a check to complete estimate.
9. Develop knowledge of bidding risks and strategies.
10. Present estimate/bid to Senior/Chief Estimator for review to ensure accuracy and completeness.
11. Participate in estimate and bid reviews with Senior/Chief Estimator and Management to develop estimating skills.
12. Develop knowledge of and communicate with owners, subcontractors, public and private entities to ensure competiveness.
13. Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of scope of job.
•Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or equivalent related work experience.
•2+ years of Engineer or Take-Off Technician experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
•Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), AGTEK Take-off and Primavera Scheduling software.
•Basic understanding of Estimating software.
•Basic principles of civil engineering
•Basic principles of construction
•Strong interpersonal and communication skills
•Basic understanding of agency (U)DBE requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Notice to Agencies
Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.