The Central Sterilizing Services Department presents an opportunity for an experienced Sterile Processing leader to advance their career. We are seeking a full Central Sterilizing Services Department (CSS) Educator for the Central Sterilizing Services Department. The CSS Educator provides leadership in clinical education relative to CSS best practices of nursing staff, SPD staff, and other health professionals. This person uses CSS expertise in improving health care through the management of quality or design of informatics.
Percent of time: 100% Schedule: Monday-Friday, 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. with some weekend/off-shift coverage Required Qualifications:
- Provide a specialized level of clinical/technical service for health professions education relative to sterile processing functions
- Create education materials as needed to cater to different learning styles
- Communicate detailed SPD information to a variety of audiences
- Collaborate with others on the health care team related to clinical/technical specifications to assure safe and effective delivery of care relative to cleaning, high level disinfection, and sterilization of instruments, equipment, and supplies.
- Keep up-to-date with industry regulations and standards from regulatory agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Department of Transportation (DOT), & Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and professional associations such as the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI), the Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN), & the Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA)
- Ensure record keeping relative to staff education is compliant
- Provide guidance, coaching, and counseling to staff to assure outcomes are achieved
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and CSS experience required.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience working in a medical field that includes a sterile processing component
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstration of commitment to principles of Service Excellence
- Demonstrate experience working independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organization skills; detailed oriented
- Collaborates and develops effective interpersonal relationships with nursing staff, medical staff, CSS department, interdisciplinary teams, and other hospital departments
- Must obtain and maintain certification from the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) or the International Association of Health Care Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) within first 2 years of employment.
Please attach a resume (under submission relevant materials) as part of the application process. Professional and Scientific Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and education verification.
- Classification Title: Clinical/Technical Specialist
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 4A
- Starting Salary Minimum: $42,038
- Starting Salary Maximum: Commensurate
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Callie Henderson
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org