Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Advances and protects Boise State's institutional identity by assisting in the development and implementation of marketing plans, advertisements, special projects, website management, social media management and graphic design. Creates, coordinates, implements and analyzes marketing and communication directed at relevant audiences.
The Division of Extended Studies is on a mission to extend higher education beyond traditional boundaries. Our collaborative teams expand student access and improve student success with innovative programs that reach across our metropolitan area, Idaho and beyond. We facilitate online education, community-based programs, concurrent enrollment at high schools, summer sessions, continuing education programs and other lifelong learning options. Join us!
Housed within the Division of Extended Studies, the Enrollment and Student Success team supports Boise State Online students at every step of their academic journey. We focus on recruiting students, providing coaching and advising, and promoting Boise State Online and other Extended Studies programs.
This position may have the opportunity to work hybrid where a mix of in-person work from a Boise State worksite and an alternative work location is utilized. Candidates must be able to work on-site as needed.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees. Typically hold a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Apply brand and visual design best practices principles to the development of print, digital, web and social media assets.
- Oversee messaging and content posted to various university platforms.
- Serve as an advocate for the university and act in the best interest of the university in establishing a level of quality and production associated with university events.
- Maintain professional flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing processes, program information and priorities.
- Make recommendations and implement industry best practices.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to manage, coordinate, and deliver on concepts and information to effectively maximize the university's brand.
- Collaborate closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, on all aspects of projects, including planning,
content, layout and publication of marketing materials, turnaround time, etc.
- Translate strategy to creative objectives; Develop layout and concept designs for marketing campaigns and program promotion. Provide initial estimates for development
- Create brand-aligned print, digital, web, and, social media design assets
- Manage and maintain creative content and design templates used for asset development
- Perform usability testing and quality assurance of elements used across all outputs. Ensure media is accessible for all users.
- Possesses social perceptiveness and orientation to facilitate diverse, inclusive and culturally sensitive working and learning environments to serve global audiences.
- Ability to generate, cultivate and maintain business relationships with corporate community, maintain a high level of
communication skills and work well with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions and problem solve
- Ability to compose written material with a succinct message and free of spelling or grammatical errors
- Good knowledge of: creative directions and design best practices; the print industry and mailing regulations; developing and
implementing communication and marketing plans.
- Experience: implementing marketing and advertising plans as well as computer literacy and producing graphics for many aspects of
media; using creative suites software.
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent Preferred Qualifications:
Salary and Benefits:
- Experience project managing design projects including intake conversations with partners/clients, establishing a realistic timeline, identifying opportunities for review and approval of collateral, production, and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop graphics and media from concept to delivery, with a proven track record of meeting deadlines.
- Expertise in graphic and multimedia development software (Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign...etc.).
- Must have extensive knowledge of marketing, communication, branding, web, and social media best practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education or professional development in the field of graphic design
- Working knowledge of print and digital color profiles
- 2+ years of experience in a higher education-centered Design, Multimedia, Communication or Marketing role.
- 1+ years of professional experience utilizing social media platforms to promote education or business.
- 1+ years designing for digital advertising
- 1+ years of photography experience
- 1+ years of web graphics production and optimization experience.
- 1+ years of experience with WordPress.
$45,905 annually. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/. Required Application Materials:
Please attach in PDF document/s a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position and a resume that includes your work history and dates of employment. We also strongly recommend that you indicate which areas of the position you feel are your strongest, highlight which of the preferred qualifications you satisfy, and include relevant examples of your work (or a link to an online portfolio). Advertised:
August 29, 2022 Mountain Daylight Time Applications close:
September 26, 2022 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time