WhatsApp is looking for a Creative Director to help define the future of the WhatsApp brand. From concept to execution, you'll be responsible for creating products that are human-centered, simple, and highly crafted. You'll be an integral part of the Brand Design Team working on brand in product, brand experiences, illustrations, artifacts, website design, and more. In this role, you'll work with folks from across disciplines - marketing, creative, product design, etc. Experience in working with product teams is important, as is your commitment to collaboration. You'll also be responsible for guiding individuals - helping them build their skills and grow in their careers.
Creative Director, WhatsApp Responsibilities:
- Lead a creative team focused on building a system for how WhatsApp as a brand shows up and translates in the app. Understand and translate brand goals into the product experiences in WhatsApp.
- Work horizontally across marketing, product design, and brand to create holistic user experiences and a strong brand expression.
- Be a player and a coach - roll up your sleeves and work on brand identity and also help designers on the team grow.
- Deliver content that's delightful, beautiful, and clear and with a high-level of finish and polish.
- Work closely with folks from across teams to create concepts and plan product roadmaps.
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and/or design specs necessary to guide development of beautiful, useful, and consistent experiences.
- Experience coaching and growing individuals.
- Experience as a design executor who pushes for design excellence and a high quality bar for craft.
- Experience coordinating, directing and guiding the work of designers on your team and within an organization.
- Experience presenting and socializing work to groups of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience building consensus around, and incorporating feedback into design work and concepts.
- 4+ years experience as a Creative Director at an agency or an in-house team.
- Experience working on large scale, complex, ambiguous projects across multiple teams
- Experience with delivering 0-1 products from concept stages to launch
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.