It's more than a career, it's a calling
IL-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia
This position will primarily be in Centralia but may need to work in Mt. Vernon occasionally. You will be administering Covid Vaccinations to patients from our community. PRN position so work as much or as little as you can - RNs receive $35/hr - LPNs and Paramedics $20/hr. Day-shift position.
Responsible for the administration of vaccines and electronic medical record charting. This includes preparation of the syringe/needles with each dose, cross-checks the vaccine lot numbers, addresses any concerns with consented individuals, completes necessary documentation for the vaccination (i.e., vaccine card), responds to immediate vaccine reactions and directs the individual to the post-vaccination observation area. Ensures proper disposal of clinical waste, sharps, and change of personal protective equipment (PPE) based on CDC guidelines at each work station. Ensures compliance with established policies, practices, protocols, and professional and public health standards.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Administers the vaccine to already consented and assessed individuals.
- Assesses client's readiness for vaccination.
- Addresses any concerns and ensures consent has already taken place.
- Utilizes five (5) rights of safe medication administration and reports any concerns i.e. about the syringe/needle/dose to the registered nurse supervisor. Cross checks that vaccine batch numbers are recorded under the correct client.
- Disposes syringes and sharps as per the clinical waste policy.
- Takes accountability for administration of the vaccine under the national protocol, once drawn up and clinical assessment carried out including issuing of the vaccine card to client and reminder of second dose if appropriate.
- Follows policies in relation to the vaccination program.
- Uses IT support system to record vaccinations by use of the electronic patient record system.
- Reports and records client/client Adverse Events to the Registered health care professional.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Tier I: MD (Physician), Pharmacist, Dentist (DDM, DDS), Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, RN
- Tier I: Graduate of accredited school with current, unencumbered license in profession to practice in clinic location's state
- Tier II: Medical Assistant, EMT, LPN
- Tier II: Graduate of recognized accredited organization with current, unencumbered license, registration or certificate to practice in clinic location's state
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) - State of Work Location, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Basic - State of Work Location, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Intermediate - State of Work Location, Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMT) - Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services, Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMT) - Oklahoma State Department of Health, Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMT-P) - Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - State of Work Location, Pharmacist - State of Work Location, Physician Assistant (PA) - State of Work Location, Physician - State of Work Location, Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
91400801 Emergency Response CostsScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here