Job Location: Stuarts Draft, VA
The Hershey Company Stuarts Draft plant is a Non-Union plant producing products such as Reese's Pieces, Reese Cups, Reese Shapes, Reese Bars, Mr. Goodbar, Mounds, Almond Joy, NutRageous, Oh Henry, FastBreak, Whatchamacallit, Cookie Layer Crunch, Baking Chips, etc. in a high-speed complex environment.
The primary role and responsibility of the Control Systems Specialist is to provide technical support to ensure that production lines and plant processes are operational.
The Control Systems Specialist will provide the technical expertise to troubleshoot, repair and maintain process instrumentation, PLC's, control systems and computers.
The Control Systems Specialist will primarily be assigned to 3rd shift and work other shifts as necessary to support plant operations and projects. The Control System Specialist will be on-call every fifth weekend.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair plant controls systems, PLC's, motion controllers, HMI's and electrical systems.
- Read and interpret drawings, diagrams, manuals, schematics and blueprints in order to maintain and improve equipment uptime.
- Setup, configure, program, modify and improve PLC programs
- Provide 2nd level technical support to plant electricians and technicians.
- Provide mentoring to maintenance, engineering, and manufacturing personnel on new and/or improved technologies
- Coordinate with equipment vendors, engineering personnel, manufacturing supervision and production employees in the solution, design and implementation efforts
- Provide technical analyses (cost estimates, feasibility, specifications, interpretation of requirements), develop alternatives and prepare recommendations for capital solutions to problems
- Assist with power distribution switchgear maintenance and switching
- Diagnose and repair or replace malfunctioning apparatus and components, such as transformers, circuit breakers, fuses, motors, generators, and fixtures
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and participating in daily pass down discussions
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of plant electrical systems
- Participate in the maintenance and upkeep of the Process Control Network security procedures and policies
- Implement incremental improvement ideas to improve quality, reliability, uptime and cost.
- Support capital projects to eliminate controls obsolescence and improve plant quality, reliability, and uptime.
- Develop and provide technical training to Technical Assurance personnel.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Experience with processing and packaging equipment, controls systems, instrumentation and computers
- Knowledge of electrical power distribution including panelboards, motor control centers, bus ways, substations and MV switchgear
- Understanding of project management tools and requirements such as purchase requisitions, contractor time monitoring, internal orders, and project timelines
- Understanding of local area networks, subnetting and routing
- Ability to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot DC drives and AC VFD's
- Ability to design and troubleshoot control circuits, ladder logic, and Boolean logic
- Knowledge of electrical control relaying, motor controls, DC, variable frequency and servo drives
- Ability to troubleshoot, modify and improve PLC and motion control programs
- Knowledge of Controlnet, Devicenet, DH+, Remote IO, Profibus and Ethernet networks
- Ability to create, modify and troubleshoot Human Machine Interfaces (HMI's)
- Ability to design, maintain and troubleshoot process control systems and Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) controllers
- Ability to build process control computers, load PC operating systems and software and troubleshoot PC's and servers
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics or a related technical degree preferred
- Minimum - 3 years work experience in engineering, maintenance or a related field required
- Advanced experience with Allen Bradley PLC's is required
Preferred Skills / Attributes:
- Practical knowledge and relevant experience in a Food production environment (GMP, SQF)
- Understanding of PC's and PC skills (DOS, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows 10, VMWare)
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+
- ISA CCST, CCNA
- Panelview, Wonderware, iFIX HMI Programming and Troubleshooting
- Siemens PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate the ability to read and create electrical schematics, to program and troubleshoot PLC's and HMI's and to diagnose and repair PC problems.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
This job has expired.