Position/Job Title: Contracts Manager - Senior
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking to immediately fill a Contracts Manager position. This candidate will be responsible for coordinating, reviewing, revising, negotiating, drafting and maintaining contractual agreements used in the procurement, marketing and resale of technology-related goods and services, including hardware, software and services. The Contracts Manager will engage with internal Government stakeholders, as well as external partners, as required, to complete agreements and to ensure that such agreements comply with company policies, procedures and compliance obligations. The Contracts Manager is also responsible for managing incoming contract-related inquiries from teammates and administrative functions related to contract execution. The work will encompass a wide variety of applications including substantial new business support, ongoing programs, proposal support and development, production and prototyping, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- A deep and successful background working with prime contractors and subcontractors including developing and negotiating contracts.
- Manage contract process on assigned contracts from end-to-end with internal business owners and stakeholders and external partners.
- Ensure contract terms and conditions are negotiated in the best interest of Insight to mitigate business risk, minimize workload requirements and maximize financial objectives.
- Facilitate efficient interdepartmental communications; coordinate and lead meetings to promptly resolve outstanding contractual issues, inquiries and actions.
- Generate, review and maintain accurate contract documentation in accordance with company policies.
- Exercise good judgment in providing contract interpretations, contractual advice and guidance to internal business team to ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
- Ensure timely review of contract modifications and communication of changes and notices to the business team.
- Ensure that all required approvals are obtained prior to submittal of contracts for execution.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Contracts Administration or related discipline. Relevant work experience and training may be considered in lieu of a degree, like Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Crediting Combinations of Education and Experience standard.
- 5-8 Years demonstrated/practical hands-on experience in contracts and subcontracts. Knowledge of FAR and DFAR requirements and experience working with DCAA and DCMA.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position will require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary. Abilities:
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Travel 10% or as required Security Clearance:
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Company Summary:
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.