Moderna's Rare Disease department is seeking a talented and motivated laboratory Senior Research Associate to join our Hematology team in support of developing new mRNA-based therapies for hematologic diseases. This is an exciting opportunity to help develop first-in-class therapeutics for hematology patients in need, with lots of room for learning and growth. We are looking for an individual with a solid background in hematology or immunology. Successful candidates will primarily work with in vitro and ex vivo systems and contribute to the cellular and molecular characterization of novel leads that rescue the hematologic phenotype of genetic diseases. Applicants should be great team members, excellent communicators, with solid organizational skills. Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated and adaptable with a strong work ethic.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Develop, optimize and validate cell-based assays to evaluate various mRNA therapeutics
- Collaborate with internal teams on initial testing of mRNAs. Collect, archive, organize and analyze samples, including those from in vivo studies
- Deliver reproducible and impactful results that meet deadlines
- Execute and troubleshoot standard protocols, adapt new protocols into practice independently, and query literature to incorporate additional assays as needed
- Independently plan and execute experiments, faithfully documenting scientific work
- Analyze, interpret and present data
- Contribute to reports, regulatory submissions and presentations
- BS or MS degree with 2+ years of experience in a lab setting
- Hands on experience in cell biology, hematology and/or immunology strongly preferred
- Expertise in cell-based assays (e.g. transfection, transduction, viability, etc.)
- Flow cytometry experience very helpful.
- Protein quantification expertise:
- Isolation of protein lysates from cultured cells and harvested tissue
- Protein quantification via Western, ELISA, MSD, Luminex-based assays
- Tissue/cell culture expertise:
- Cell passaging, archiving
- Primary cell isolation and culture, particularly with hematopoietic cells
- Capability to anticipate and recognize potential issues within experimental designs and effectively communicate alternatives
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Candidate will embrace our core values. You will be curious in exploring new options for assay development and data presentation, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. You will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes.
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
This job has expired.