What you will do:
This position is responsible for the implementation and management of the Quality Control Program, including the coordination, supervision and documentation of inspection and testing services for the project(s) assigned. The Quality Control Manager/Specialist is responsible for assuring that the quality of the work meets or exceeds the project's contractual requirements and maintains the standard of excellence established by the customer.
Locations: Washington DC: Ronald Reagan and International Convention Center Building, New Executive Office Building and White House Complex
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
How you will do it:
1. Works with customer(s) to address and mitigate deficiencies in quality of service, contract scope of work, warranty items, or other related issues.
2. Manages quality control inspection program to ensure compliance with performance work statement. Develops QA/QC plan, submits for approval, and ensures compliance to all installed systems.
3. Participates in the review of design, installation and documentation to ensure that the design and customer's requirements are met on assigned corrective work orders.
4. Implements methods to inspect, test and evaluate products and production equipment including manufacturer equipment testing and reporting.
5. Ensures all government owned systems and equipment that are critical effective implementation of the scope of work are in compliance and working order. Any deficiencies of interfacing equipment will be logged, tracked and communicated to the government.
6. Utilizes Procore Construction Management Software for reporting, QA inspections and documentation.
7. Reviews and tracks all project submittals including product data, designs, as-built drawings and O&M Manuals, etc, forwards acceptable submittals to government for review and approval utilizing the Procore Submittal Tool.
8. Oversees and ensures all training of Operations and Maintenance staff is developed, scheduled and documented (including video recording).
9. Tracking specific equipment manufacturing including but not limited to chillers and cooling towers through the manufacturing process to ensure that each the equipment is manufactured to design specifications and is delivered on schedule to the project site.
10. Performing detailed and recorded inspections of final products so the products are up to industry and company standards. Eliminating products that do not comply with design and approved standards. Includes investigation of all deficiencies and tracks QA/QC issues to resolution and acceptance.
11. Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality control activities and provides recommended process improvements to management to drive efficiencies.
12. Leads the CQC team including subcontractors and conducts Quality Control meetings at the job site.
13. Resolves client problems and/or conflicts as it pertains to quality and maintains open communication with the client including providing regular written and oral reports to ensure satisfaction.
14. Provides technical expertise and guidance to account teams and staff and manages resolution of complex problems.
15. Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
16. Performs other duties as required.
What we look for
1. Bachelor's Degree/College Degree in related field, or equivalent experience in Building Trades and Construction Quality Management.
2. Five (5) or more years of Quality Control Management experience.
3. Experienced with Construction Quality Control Manager for Government contracts. Specialized experience in Federal Government Design-Build and Design-Bid Build projects valued in excess of $25 million highly preferred.
4. Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including email and Microsoft Office software.
5. Demonstrated planning, problem solving, data analysis, blueprint/schematic reading, organizing, inter-personal, and communication skills with proven leadership skills and decision making abilities.
6. Qualified to evaluate performance in various trades including; HVAC/Chillers, Steam / Heating, Lighting and Electrical upgrades, BAS and Pneumatic Tube Systems, Water Conservation Measures, Building Envelope, etc.
7. Thorough knowledge of operation and maintenance practices in the building service industry.
8. Ensures compliance and all documentation and acceptance of systems by the Agent and the Government. (Will be the primary Point of Contact to the 3rd party Commissioning Agent)
9. One or more of the following certifications (or equivalent) are required:
o Construction Quality Management - Certification (to be obtained within 3 months)
o Professional certification: Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE) exam from the American Society for Quality (ASQ).
11. Must be a team player, committed to working in a quality environment.
12. US Citizen and Background check by Government HSPD-12 for badging and access is required
1. Experience in an active occupied Government Facilities, especially energy conservation contracts. Prior experience with RMS/QCS beneficial but not required.
Who we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100 years, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military installations worldwide. With the largest portfolio of building technologies and solutions in the world, the Johnson Controls team is passionate about designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, utility savings, fire, and security projects at various federal and military sites around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our "take a journey" video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes long)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)