Position Starts at $14.00 an hour with great growth potential!
Please APPLY in person at 50370 Dennis Ct Wixom MI 48393
FIRECLASS INSULATION is part of the Installed Building Products (IBP) family of companies. They form part of the second largest insulation installers serving the U.S. residential new construction market. Located in over 175 locations across the continental U.S., our values have remained the same-providing the exceptional service and attention of a small business, while integrating the skills and experience that only a national organization can offer. Although installing insulation is our niche, IBP is also a leader in installing garage doors, rain gutters, closet shelving, shower doors, mirrors, fireplaces, and bath and door hardware. Find your next career opportunity and join our team, with FIRECLASS INSULATION!
Become part of a growing company with opportunities to learn new skills and build a career.
We offer our employees a career with the following benefits:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Pay
- On the Job Training
- Paid Certification (if applicable)
- Opportunity for Growth and Advancement
position entails stapling fiberglass or rock wool batts to exterior walls and ceilings before drywall, paneling, or plaster walls are put in place. Insulation Installers complete a majority of residential new construction installs and lite commercials projects.
- Responsible for loading and logging materials onto truck and makes notation of returned materials per each job order
- Erects scaffolding or ladders to height needed to install insulation
- Cuts the insulation materials to the size required and places with in frame, ceiling, attic or crawlspace
- Attaches insulation materials by stapling, gluing, wiring or nailing
- Operates equipment that injects loose fill or foamed insulation
- Observe job site safety rules and know the location of the MSDS packets in your vehicle
- Responsible to comply with OSHA guidelines and Company Safety policies and procedures
- Maintain tools and truck housekeeping, and maintenance
- Responsible for completing time card daily and ensuring it is submitted on time
- May be required to drive a company vehicle and follow all driving safety rules and DOT requirements at all times
- Responsible for completing paperwork per each job and returning to production coordinator daily
- Other duties as assigned
Position requires a Drug Test and Motor Vehicle Report to be completed, contingent upon employment.
- High School diploma or GED
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- Experience in the construction industry
- Able to climb up and down a ladder, scaffolding and work within the faming of the building
- Able to work in tight and confined places, example attics and crawlspaces
- Able to perform basic math skills
- Ability to work in a fast -paced environment
- Able to work independently or with a crew
- Must be able to use common hand tools; including scissors, utility knife, saws, pliers, and stapling hammer
- Must be able to read job instructions and record materials used per each work/job order
- Must be able to work in tight places including attics and crawlspaces
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Must be able to bend, twist, and turn body at shoulders, waist, knees to install insulation
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Works in a construction environment; able to adapt to weather conditions.
IBP is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.