Job ID: 217412
Location: HUNTSVILLE , AL , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-26
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Config Control Technician
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
The Software Lifecycle Development Contract team has an opening for a Mid-level Configuration Management Specialist to support the AMRDEC Software Engineering Directorate (SED) located on Redstone Arsenal (Huntsville, AL).
- The Mid-Level Configuration Management (CM) Specialist will perform configuration management activities per the project’s defined policies, processes, and procedures.
- The selected candidate will perform configuration activities for configuration identification, configuration status accounting, and configuration control, utilizing the project’s CM tool – IBM Dimensions.
- Tasks will include reviewing and releasing documents and hardware drawings in preparation for a Level 2 Technical Data Package (TDP) delivery.
- The CM Specialist will help develop, implement, and maintain CM plans, policies, and procedures to include a DO-178C Software Configuration Management Plan (SCMP).
- The CM Specialist will perform change control and audits of configured items; analyze audit findings; and report CM status for multiple projects.
- This position requires the CM Specialist to be proactive; possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; be well organized; be an effective "team player;" and have the ability to work independently.
- The selected candidate will ensure that the internal processes and procedures are aligned with the Enterprise Process Improvement and Collaboration (EPIC) processes and procedures (e.g., writing/updating internal procedures as required) and DO-178C processes such as Software Action Requests (SAR), and accessibility and authority for data.
- The candidate will identify training needs and initiate process training for the team when necessary.
- The selected candidate will also be responsible for writing documentation for the CM tools to include the Software Configuration Management Plan.
- Other tasks will include preparing drawing/document/software trees; preparing and conducting peer reviews; updating CM records in the Data and Configuration Item List (DCIL); writing change requests; Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) management and other CM duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 3 years of experience in the related field is required; 4 years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance; US Citizenship required
- Previous experience using and/or implementing a Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool; IBM Dimensions is desired but not required.
- Configuration managment experience performing tasks for hardware or software projects requiring process control such as DO-178 and/or DO-254.
- Possess excellent organization and verbal and written communication skills.
Target salary range: $25,001 - $50,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.