Are you an experienced property manager looking to take your talents in a more entrepreneurial direction? Are you looking for a dynamic and growing organization that will both challenge and reward you? We are looking for a Community Manager who has just the right balance of management and sales skills and a real knack for great customer service. You will live onsite and oversee and direct the day-to-day property management operations for one of our manufactured home communities. An equally important part of your job will be to generate new revenue through sales and leasing of our homes, which will in turn generate additional income for you. We provide you with free onsite housing and utilities, as well as a great deal of latitude and independence in how you manage your community. If you like the idea of helping to build and maintain a community in which you live, and you have the qualifications and background we're looking for, we want to talk with you!
As a Community Manager, you will have responsibility for the operational aspects and the continued profitability of your community and will serve as the day-to-day point of contact for residents. You will be in charge of everything from capital improvements, administrative activities, marketing, leasing and home sales of new and pre-owned homes, to property maintenance, budgeting, human resource management and, most importantly, resident relations. Ensuring a positive atmosphere and responsive service for the members of your community will not only mean satisfied long-term residents, but also better word of mouth referrals!
- Ensure residents receive the highest levels of service consistent with Sun's Customer Service philosophy
- Handle and resolve resident/customer service issues in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain properties to ensure they look their best at all times
- Develop a marketing strategy and maintain effective advertising to attract prospective residents to community
- Market model, pre-owned, and brokered homes for sale
- Coordinate and manage the Lease Purchase Program, including repairs, leasing, sales, refurbishments, closings, and follow-up
- Meet or exceed home sales and leasing budgets
- Manage the rent collection process, including depositing income from home sites and filing to collect on delinquent debts
- Oversee the eviction process for your community with the assistance of your RVP
- Monitor and manage monthly operating budgets and prepare monthly reports on P & L variances
- Oversee capital expenditure improvements
- Other duties and projects as assigned
As a Community Manager, you must have a strong business mindset together with the ability to place the highest priority on customer service. Strong organizational, time management and leadership skills are a vital part of your role.
- High school diploma or GED; Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Hospitality or Business, a plus
- Minimum of 2 years property management experience including 2 years of supervisory experience
- Prior sales and leasing experience
- General knowledge of repair and maintenance duties
- Solid negotiation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws pertaining to fair housing and employment law
- Computer proficiency, including the internet and Microsoft Office Suite; experience using Yardi, preferred
- Flexibility to respond to community needs during non-business hours
At Sun Communities, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid time off, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with multipleplan designs so you can choose the plan that best meets the needs of you and your family
- Comprehensive Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with Sun matching contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Legal Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to team members who further their formal education
- Vacation RV Site Discounts for team members when visiting SunRV Resorts across the nation
- Team Member Perks & Discounts program with hundreds of discounts on things like travel, merchandise, mobile phone service, and more
- Paid Time Off including ten holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing an online application, please contact us at (844) SUN-4343. Alternatively, an email may be sent to email@example.com. "Applicant Accommodation" should be included in the subject line of the email.
Please note that this phone number and email address are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
This job has expired.