Location:Johns Hopkins Health Care, Hanover, MD 21076
Who you are:
As a Community Health Worker for Johns Hopkins HealthCare, you are the conduit between our lines of business and the community-based organizations that focus on the health and wellness of current and potential members. You are extremely comfortable reaching out to members via telephone. You are an advocate by nature and are passionate about empowering our members to take control of their health outcomes by educating them about various care management programs, and about preventive screenings and gap closures. You understand the importance of your role in driving STARS and HEDIS measures and the mission of the organization.
What you'll do:
What you'll bring:
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of Physicians, Nurses, Care Managers, Social Workers, and other Community Health Workers (CHWs) to improve member health outcomes.
- Receive clinical oversight from one or more Care Management Clinicians, and under minimal supervision addresses the complex social and health problems of members enrolled in programs.
- Provide outreach and education to members via telephone regarding open HEDIS/Stars gaps, complex diseases such as diabetes , and enroll high risk members in different educational programs
- Participate in screening, engagement and enrollment for JHHC Care Management programs; member mentorship; member education; member follow-up and reinforcement of treatment plan tasks; coordination of appointments and transportation; and member location and engagement.
- Foster cohesive relationships not only with members, but also with community partners and members' PCPs and specialists.
- May be active in community engagement activities to include working with community organizations, knowing community members and their health issues, assisting with community activities.
- May direct the tasks of volunteers during community engagement activities
- May include work-related travel (to and from community site, member homes, meetings, clinics, etc.).
Who we are:
- 1+ years' experience in social community or health care related disciplines required
- Understanding of STARS and HEDIS measures preferred
- Community Health Worker certification preferred, not required
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
Johns Hopkins HealthCare (JHHC) is the managed care and health services business of Johns Hopkins Medicine. JHHC is a $3B business serving over 500,000 active members with lines of business in Medicaid, Medicare, commercial, military health, health solutions, and venture investments. JHHC is a leader in provider-sponsored health plans and is poised for future growth.
Many organizations talk about transforming the future of healthcare, at Johns Hopkins HealthCare, we are setting the pace for change within the healthcare industry. We develop innovative, analytics-driven health programs in collaboration with provider partners to drive improved quality and better health outcomes for our members and the communities we serve. If you are interested in improving how healthcare is delivered, and have a passion to be at the forefront of change, JHHC is the place to call home.Please note
: US citizenship is required for this position as it falls under the terms of a government contract (to ensure compliance with DODPSP).
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/community-health-worker-non-clinical-professional-us-md-hanover-johns-hopki-603207-8f02e/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency