Fast-talking, glad-handing, double-dealing slicksters.
Not our salespeople.
At Terminix Nation, our salespeople are relationship builders and problem solvers. They're the engine that keeps Terminix running. And we reward them accordingly with a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) with company match, and more. There are also opportunities to get trained, gain new skills, and build an awesome career.
But first things first. When you start in sales at Terminix Nation, you'll get down and dirty. You'll learn how to inspect and identify infestations (or potential infestations) of all kinds of organisms, insects, birds, and other pests. You'll learn all about what we do and how you can make your clients' properties safer and more secure. Once you've learned that, you'll turn your talents to proposals and presentations that result in sales.
As a Commercial Sales Professional, here's what you can expect
What your days will look like
- You won't be tied to a desk. You'll be out and about - mobile, independent, and growing your career with a clear view of next steps. You'll be the face of Terminix to your local community (with the backing of a national brand), and your clients will count on you to protect their businesses and livelihoods.
- When you first join Terminix Nation, you'll spend a few months in training. Once you've got that and some state required licenses and certificates under your belt, you'll take the lead with your own customers.
- You'll get rewarded with competitive pay and robust benefits to cover you and your family. As a teammate, you will be eligible for a 401(k) with company match, company-paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and a generous student loan repayment program. You put in the work, and you'll reap the rewards.
- You'll be part of a community - bonus points if you're already a leader in yours. Our bonds are strong at Terminix Nation and the relationships we develop in the communities we serve are unparalleled. Our teammates give back through volunteering, donations, scholarships, and more.
- You'll be onboarded and trained by the best of 'em. You'll get paid to get licensed, something you'll have for a lifetime. You'll know how to bust bugs at home, too.
- Hit the books with training modules and hit the streets with on-the-job training with your teammates. You'll learn product knowledge and sales techniques for selling the full suite of Terminix products. We'll train and support you through state licensing and other company requirements.
- You'll inspect and assess pest problems with precision and suggest Terminix solutions following company policy and pricing instructions.
- You must be obsessed with the customer's experience - delivering exceptional service, following up to ensure satisfaction, and thinking creatively about how to grow the relationship. You'll have to be thoughtful about navigating the intricacies of commercial properties and management. And if an account is delinquent, you'll need to handle that with grace and effectiveness, too.
- Of course, you've got to like to sell solutions to problems. You will be expected to meet and greet potential customers to generate new business for the branch.
- There's an opportunity to grow into a role you're passionate about and fits your skillset - whether that's management or another opportunity at Terminix.
There are some things you'll just need to have or know to join Terminix Nation as a Commercial Sales Professional.
Straight talk about the physical demands of our work
- A high school education or GED.
- A valid driver's license from your current state of residence.
- Strong customer service, communication, and critical thinking skills - in fact, we'd be really impressed if you came to this role with related experience and/or training in sales.
- Some basic math skills - add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. You'll need to be able to follow instructions for mixing on product labels.
We're not going to sugarcoat it. The essential functions of this job have some physical demands (of course, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) Here's what we mean:
- You've got to be able to move up to 10 lbs. regularly and 11-20 lbs. frequently, whether that's lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- You'll move around a lot - regularly sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling. You'll go up and down stairs, ladders, scaffolding, ramps, and poles. And you'll need to keep your balance when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or moving surfaces. (You'll definitely get your steps in.)
- You must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and make sure it and all other equipment is kept clean.
- The vision to perform detail-oriented activities at distances close to the eyes or within arm's reach.
- Sometimes you'll need to wear personal protective equipment (PPE), like an OSHA-compliant respirator, and you'll need to be okay with regularly working in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways (you know, where critters live).
Terminix companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
California residents click here to review your privacy rights: https://tinyurl.com/CA-Notice
AS1 JD1 WM1 KK1 CM2 ML1
This job has expired.