EMCOR Facilities Services, Inc. is a subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. a nationally recognized leader in integrated Facilities Management. We are looking for skilled Maintenance Technicians to lead the effective, efficient, and timely delivery of our line of services. Technicians use multiple trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, locksmith, painting and roofing. Technicians are provided a company van, tools and equipment. Technicians are based at their home address and access their daily route through a company provided iPad and iPhone. We offer opportunities for skill development through on the job training as well as professional training and education programs.
Job Title: Commercial Maintenance Technician
Job Summary: Responsible for delivering effective, efficient, and timely delivery of the Company's line of services to multiple customers within an assigned geographic territory. Is provided a company van and tools and travels to a variety of customer sites to maintain commercial properties. Performs preventive maintenance and corrective repairs on buildings, equipment and grounds Conducts "face to face" relationship with Customers in the service of the client's requirements. Utilizes multiple trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and roofing, HVAC, and other skills as needed to solve maintenance problems.
*This position is sign on bonus eligible
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes preventative maintenance and repairs per work order requirements. Self performs the following duties in compliance company procedures, regulatory requirements and safety standards.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance on existing systems (e.g. unclog toilets and drains, repair leaks in drains and faucets, replace toilets and faucet fixtures as needed, etc.).
- Performs routine painting, carpentry work, etc., as necessary to maintain our Client's facilities in like new condition (e.g. repair a hole in dry-wall, prep the area, and match the paint to present a uniform and original like new appearance).
- Performs minor electrical maintenance as allowed without a license within state law requirements (e.g. repair or replacement of fixtures, wall switches, and outlets. Replace light bulbs, ballasts and sockets if necessary).
- Completes service inspections and asset inspections as needed.
- Fully utilizes technology (tablet, smartphone) to:
- Access and complete work orders including notes on services provided.
- Create and submit Service Reports and Quality Inspection images and reports.
- Submit timesheets, expense reports, and purchase card logs.
- Obtains necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Creates a positive climate with the client, provides and generates customer satisfaction. Maintains timely and consistent communications with customer and internal support teams.
- Obtains and completes EFS required safety and compliance training and attends weekly safety meetings.
- Provides estimates for larger projects and services needed to onsite customer.
- Completes other duties as assigned or required.
- HS diploma or Degree/Certification, or equivalent professional experience in Trades (Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, etc), preferred.
- Two to five years mechanical experience, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry required; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience. Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience in one or more of the building trades. Past background in the landscape, janitorial or construction-related services industries highly preferred.
- Must possess applicable certifications, licenses, and valid driver's license in good standing.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions including, but not limited to, safety policies and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in individual and small group situations.
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner and communicate work order status via designated business process.
- Ability to use and operate handheld device and business systems or document management Database software, including but not limited to Microsoft office, Lotus Notes, MS office (word, Excel).
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulation, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety. Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of and comply with OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and Company safety policies at all times.
- Experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of building mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Daily local travel between properties.
Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Frequently is required to climb or balance. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment:
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is considered normal. Required to drive a company vehicle daily.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job has expired.