Job Title: Service Technician
Location: Charlotte, NC
Reports to: Service Coordinator/Service Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Date: May 2022
Bahnson Mechanical Systems has utilized its extensive mechanical engineering and construction experience to solve our client's most challenging problems for over 105 years. Based in the southeast, we are a premiere design-build mechanical contractor that serves the industrial, life sciences, advanced manufacturing, and mission critical markets.
The responsibility of a HVAC Service Technician is to perform maintenance and repair operations pertaining to complex heating and cooling systems and associated control systems. The Service Technician is responsible for maintaining the quality of work at acceptable company standards, and for representing the company to the customer in a manner that conveys effective communication and a positive working relationship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include the following, but others may be assigned:
- Will be working on systems requiring technical skills on rooftop HVAC units, heat pumps, DX systems, pneumatic and electrical controls and commercial/industrial type of production and comfort cooling systems.
- Diagnose causes of equipment breakdowns, test parts with appropriate instruments, disassemble and assemble parts, and make necessary repairs to equipment and associated components.
- Perform preventive maintenance and inspection items as defined in each maintenance agreement while maintaining strict adherence to all budget objectives.
- Obtain clearly defined directives from the Service Coordinator on the specific tasks to be performed and assist the Service Coordinator in scheduling such inspections based on location, man-hour requirements, priorities, customer coordination and material pick-ups.
- Ensure timely performance of maintenance inspections.
- Ensure adherence to proper departure and arrival procedures through-out the workday.
- Maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance as it applies to the individual and company service vehicle and tools.
- Obtain purchase orders and make small purchases required during the performance of work, including maintaining enough standard truck inventory, conduct inventory of all standard truck stock as required.
- Maintain consistent compliance with company policies and procedures as they relate to proper completion of departmental documentation such as; time records, work orders, refrigerant accountability logs, and material and equipment returns.
- Keep the Service Coordinator informed at all time as to their whereabouts, where they have been, and where they are going.
- Attend periodic meetings with their supervisor as required to review work progress and potential problems felt to be beyond their ability or authority
- Maintain strict adherence to all company safety rules and practices and attend required safety meetings.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of commercial HVAC system servicing, installing, troubleshooting and repair.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Working knowledge of the commercial HVAC service industry.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and city regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to work with and understanding of the refrigeration cycle
- Have knowledge of current BOCA Code and OSHA safety regulations.
- Has the ability to coordinate and perform multiple activities in a timely manner.
- Has the ability to maintain a sense of urgency, but remain calm, when handling emergencies.
- Possess EPA approved CFC Certification.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (i.e., Outlook, Word and Excel)
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Must be able to deal diplomatically and effectively with customers.
- Work within standards of accuracy and make decisions based on measurable criteria and comprehend technical data.
- Be physically capable of working easily and skillfully with hands, lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 - 100 pounds, see well (either naturally or with correction,) climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolds, and stand, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Excellent organization, communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Scheduling and time management skills.
- Strategic, analytical, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism, and appropriate concern regarding dissemination of sensitive and confidential information.
- Must have the ability to make sound decisions and produce accurate and timely results
- Must prioritize and organize work in a fast-paced multi-task environment.
- Must monitor and analyze data and solve problems on a tactical and strategic level.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
- Must demonstrate commitment to Company values.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate and collaborate with multiple levels of customers, employees, government agencies, vendors, suppliers and other contractor organizations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to seventy-five to one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may expect to work in outdoor environments that may be dusty, cold, hot and noisy. Field environments may vary based on project, manufacturing, or weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is may be loud and require hearing protection.Notice to prospective employees:
There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.