The Commercial Account Analysis Specialist, as part of the Commercial Services team, has the primary function to support commercial account analysis functions throughout the month. The Commercial Account Analysis Specialist coordinates the customer billing process of fees for services provided, complete month end statement production & disbursement, input processes for Treasury Management customer billing and complete departmental reporting.
This position serves as primary liaison for TM customer facing correspondent banking relationships and will be assigned project roles as needed related to critical department initiatives such as acquisitions, conversions, risk analysis, audit requirements, workflow improvement, etc.
Secondarily, the Commercial Account Analysis Specialist will support the implementation activities and provide ongoing relationship support for business customers. This position will provide technical, operational, product and banking support, as needed, to business customers.
- Performs customer maintenance related to account analysis services. Maintenance includes maintaining closed account reports, researching analysis fees, analyzing volume, reviewing error reports, updating customer information and providing statement copies.
- Complete monthly commercial account analysis which includes analyzing data, posting billing files, maintaining analysis groups and exceptions, generating analysis statements and posting fees.
- Implements financial oversight and controls to ensure the monthly customer billing is accurate and timely. Implements and administers customer billing requirements as directed by Treasury & Product Management and rate changes in a controlled manner on the account analysis system ensuring appropriate change control methods are managed and followed.
- Ensures ongoing compliance and monitors risk related to products and services. Responsible for fraud monitoring. Performs testing for system updates. Completes continued education and training to keep updated on banking and payments industry.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- High School Diploma, GED, or foreign equivalent required.
- 4+ years of Banking Operations/Treasury Management Support.
- 3+ years of TM Payment and Services experience preferred.
- 3+ years of account analysis and billing experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of treasury management products and treasury management services experience (i.e. Remote Deposit Capture, Positive Pay, ACH/Wires, on-line banking and Lockbox).
- Technical file movement, file conversion and analysis experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Proven service orientation and excellent customer service skills.
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to understand business implications of decisions.
- Ability to write business correspondence, reports and procedures.
- Process improvement, data mapping input, and bank account reconciliation experience preferred.
- System knowledge; ACI, Weiland, and Fiserv products preferred.