Worker Type: Employee
Job Post End Date: 10/22/2023
Location: Toledo, OH
About this opportunity
Are you looking for an exciting Co-op/Internship opportunity full of meaningful, diverse, and challenging assignments working alongside industry leading professionals? You will be part of a driven, and collaborative team completing important projects while receiving the mentorship, knowledge, and experience to develop the skills you need to build an exciting career.
Cenovus is looking for students who are seeking an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a refining environment. We are looking for individuals who can bring fresh ideas to the table, and who are willing to learn from some of the industry's most innovative and talented people.
Interested in some of our past student experiences? Read their stories here .
- Participate in Preventative Maintenance Program work such as IR scanning, transformer and motor testing, and protective relay testing
- Help with smaller maintenance projects and capital projects
- Assist the Electrical Maintenance Supervisor in the field
- Data collection, print creation and review
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship for this role will not be provided
- As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, a valid US Driver's License is required
- Previous experience is considered an asset
- Strong attitude for carrying out all work in a safe, cautious manner while following safe work practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Preference will be given to students in 3rd or 4th year
- Availability for multiple work terms is preferred
- Strong academic performance
- Ability to work 40 hours per week during the scheduled semester
- Attached copies of transcripts
- May include frequency of sitting, standing, computer work, lifting, driving, working at site, etc.
- This is a safety sensitive role and as such you will also be required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during required work hours. Furthermore, you will also be required to pass the Cenovus pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment requirements.
- Safety sensitive positions require the operation of a motor vehicle. A valid US Driver's License with no restrictions is a requirement for this role.
Students moving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.Note:
Candidates must have their own means of transportation as there is no public transportation in field locations.Additional Information
- New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
- Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- If you require assistance / accommodation with your application, please email CareerOpportunities@cenovus.com
Cenovus Energy is a company with a big purpose - to energize the world and make people's lives better. We do this by focusing on sustainably developing our assets in a safe, innovative, and cost-efficient manner and committing to top-tier safety performance and environmental, social and governance leadership in all that we do.
We operate in Canada, the United States, and the Asia Pacific region. Our operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, thermal and conventional crude oil and natural gas projects across Western Canada, crude oil production offshore Newfoundland and Labrador and natural gas and liquids production offshore China and Indonesia. Cenovus's downstream operations include upgrading, refining, and marketing operations in Canada and the United States.
Cenovus is a founding member of the Pathways Alliance, Canada's largest oil sands producers working together to address climate change. For more information on Cenovus's ESG focus areas and targets, and overall sustainability efforts, visit https://www.cenovus.com/Sustainability .For more information, visit cenovus.com . Find Cenovus on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , YouTube, and Instagram .
At Cenovus we embrace diversity of thought, experience, and backgrounds to help us make better business decisions, address our challenges, seize opportunities, and unlock innovative solutions. We define diversity as the variety of people, including all the unique attributes of our staff, as well as the variety of ideas within our organization. Building an inclusive workplace by drawing on the skills and talents of a diverse workforce provides Cenovus with a competitive advantage. We believe it is important to maximize the potential of everyone who works for our company and ensure people feel respected, appreciated, and heard. We define inclusion as 'diversity in action,' creating an environment of involvement, respect, and connection, where various ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed to create business value. Please note that a pre-employment background check and medical and drug/alcohol assessment are pre-conditions to Cenovus employment offers and must be completed successfully before you are confirmed to start with Cenovus.
Cenovus Energy is an affirmative action employer, and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, veteran status, or other personal or physical characteristics protected by law. Notification To be considered for a position, please click Apply and create an account or sign in to your Cenovus Careers profile.Immediately following successful submission of your online application, you will receive an online notification confirming Cenovus's receipt of your resume.Only those applicants who apply directly to a posted position and are selected for an interview will be contacted. We will not accept agency or third-party candidate submissions.To follow the status of your application, log in to your Cenovus Careers profile and click on the appropriate job under 'My Applications'.
Interested in this opportunity? Click the Apply link.
If you are a CURRENT EMPLOYEE please apply by going to our Internal Career Site
This job has expired.