- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives. ® Education Requirements:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree is required.
- Eligibility for or current license by the Iowa Board of Pharmacy Examiners is required.
- Board certification in an applicable area within 12 months of hire is required.
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY1 pharmacy practice residency OR 2 years' experience in a complex multi-disciplinary healthcare environment is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Job-related experience with and/or commitment to service excellence is required.
- Job-related experience with and/or commitment to diversity in the work environment is required.
- Satisfactory completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY2 residency in Ambulatory Care or Pediatrics is highly desirable.
- Active board certification in Ambulatory Care, Pediatrics or Pharmacotherapy is highly desirable.
- Able to work independently, prioritize multiple stakeholders and tasks, manage details and deliver results in an environment with competing demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload resume and cover letter
(under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how you meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position .
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14
calendar days. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM of the posting end date.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
- Classification Title: Pharmacy Specialist
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Jenna Lueth
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org