Location:Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a world renowned leader in patient care, serving the greater Baltimore community and patients from all across the globe.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff teams provide support throughout our many specialty departments and centers, from primary visits to emergency care.
What Awaits You?
- Career growth and development
- Tuition Assistance
- Diverse and collaborative working environment
- Affordable and comprehensive benefits package
- Performs a variety of both routine and complex clinical laboratory tests in accordance with established standards and procedures. These require a professional level of knowledge to properly execute and analyze results, especially where results are abnormal or atypical.
- Specific duties may vary according to laboratory and shift assigned.
- Work requires formal educational background in chemistry, hematology, immunohematology and microbiology normally acquired through completion of a two or four year post-secondary school program in clinical laboratory technology/medical technology and/or equivalent education and training in microbiology, chemistry, hematology, immunohematology, or related field. BS degree in Medical Technology/Clinical Lab Science, preferred.
- Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology internship or (one year) equivalent clinical lab experience or course work specific to the discipline.
- This role is intended for individuals with less than 2 years of experience and for all BS/MT and equivalent degree candidates without the equivalent certification/registration (but with eligibility to sit for certification exam).
- Promotion to this position for current staff via advancement when AA/MLT degree and certified/registered CLS 1's achieve a rating of (2) proficient or greater is achieved on the second annual performance evaluation. For this level, the AA degreed employee must demonstrate Med Tech/Medical Lab Science/Clinical Lab Science certification accepted by the Department of Pathology.
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons and religious beliefs. Requests for medical exceptions must be submitted at your occupational health screening. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/clinical-laboratory-scientist-ii-transfusion-medicine-medical-technologist-evenings-laboratory-pathology-us-md-baltimore-johns-hop-618665-d898f/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency