The University Counseling Service at the University of Iowa is seeking a Clinical Case Manager to provide psychological services to assist a multiculturally rich and diverse student body in attaining their educational, interpersonal, and academic goals. Psychological services to include case management; referral; managing insurance and referral databases; managing external referral relations; managing hospitalization processes; individual assessment and counseling; psycho-educational outreach programming and consultation to students, staff, faculty, administrators, and parents/families; supervision and training to graduate students in the mental health professions; and engaging in the maintenance of records.
For a detailed job description, please email Melanie Bell at email@example.com .
About the University Counseling Service:
The University Counseling Service is a vibrant, interdisciplinary, fluid, multiculturally proficient, fun, and creative center actively engaged in the furtherance and betterment of compassionate psychological services, outreach, and training. As part of the Division of Student Life, the UCS fosters the mental health of students, staff, and faculty, nurtures student success, and contributes to a safe, welcoming, and multiculturally-aware campus community.
About the Division of Student Life:
The Division of Student Life is comprised of staff that embrace new ideas and thoughts, works together to keep our students safe, and provides them with life-changing experiences. The Division of Student Life includes 15 departments that span from Recreation Services to the Office of Leadership, Service and Civic Engagement and everything in between. We believe in working together as one team to achieve our mission: fostering student success by creating and promoting inclusive educationally purposeful services and activities within and beyond the classroom. One of our division priorities is to advance UI's goals to recruit and retain U.S. racial/ethnic minority (URM) staff and students.
- Master's degree in Social Work with a clinical focus from a CSWE-accredited program.
- Licensed as an LISW or LMSW in the State of Iowa by the date of hire.
- Relevant post-degree experience (typically 1-3 years).
- Extensive knowledge of evidence and theory-based mental health case management, supportive referrals, crisis assessment, and intervention, and diagnostic and psychosocial assessment.
- Extensive proficiency in planning and delivering outreach programs and consultation services.
- Working knowledge of providing supervision to trainees.
- Extensive proficiency in the application of communication techniques and relationship building skills that develop the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Extensive proficiency in collaborating and interacting with individuals and groups while valuing the unique contribution of individuals from varied cultures, race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- Working proficiency with office support tools and electronic medical records software (e.g. word processing, email, presentation software, spreadsheets, and electronic health records); preferably Microsoft Office and Titanium EHR.
- Working proficiency with empirically validated treatment modalities.
- Working proficiency with serious and complex mental health concerns and with mental health crises.
- Knowledge of and experience with infusing technology into the delivery of mental health services.
- Interest and/or experience in counseling center research.
- Knowledge of local mental health providers and systems.
- Experience with campus mental health.
- In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process. For questions or additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Classification Title: Sr Behavioral Health Clinician
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Organization: Student Life
- Contact Name: Melanie Bell
- Contact Email: email@example.com