Position/Job Title: Client Services Technician - Senior
Location: Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for a Client Services Technician that shall provide client support (hardware, software, and services) for end devices. End devices are defined as: desktop, laptop, and tablet computing devices, as well as associated peripheral devices including Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) end points, Soft Internet Protocol (SIP) phones, and scanner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Equipment moves.
- Repair of end device hardware or software malfunctions.
- Installation of new hardware or software.
- Resolving connectivity issues.
- Network Connectivity (wired)
- Vendor/Manufacture Warranty and Software Updates
- The candidate shall provide CST support for all TAA Kiosks, approximately 200 devices.
- The candidate shall include weekly maintenance checks of all TAA Kiosks to ensure the devices are fully operational for user use. All requests for support will be documented in an Automated Information System (AIS) (currently Remedy) as directed by the Government.
- The candidate shall manage laptop lockers and hotracks.
- The candidate shall ensure devices in laptop lockers are properly imaged, remain on-line, and all patches are current.
- The candidate shall coordinate with appropriate Information Technology Property Custodians (ITPCs) to ensure devices removed from laptop lockers and hotracks are replenished and up to date.
- The candidate shall coordinate with the appropriate ITPC to ensure accurate accountability of assets and efficient delivery and pick-up of end devices.
- The candidate shall document all actions taken to resolve problems, including research, troubleshooting, and final resolution using the AIS. 90% of tickets must be resolved according to the timelines.
- The candidate shall communicate inventory changes resulting from warranty work to affected Equipment Custodians.
- The candidate shall protect the information systems and data by loading Government-approved and provided anti-virus software to detect the presence of viruses and by maintaining current signature files.
- The candidate shall maintain current virus and spyware protection and AFCERT compliance.
- The candidate shall conform and participate with change management, configuration management and security requirements. The Contractor shall respond to incidents of malicious code on both classified and unclassified networks. Troubleshooting, management, isolation, remediation, and reporting will be required. Immediate response will be required based on the severity of the malicious code and its speed of propagation.
- Other duties assigned.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. Citizen. Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline. (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- 7+ Years demonstrated/practical hands-on experience as a Client Services Technician/ PC Maintenance: Equipment moves, Repair of end device hardware or software malfunctions, Installation of new hardware or software, and Resolving connectivity issues.
- Must possess and maintain an IT II level certification, an IAT II certifications DoD 8570.01-M is required. Certifications: Security+ or GSEC or SCNP or SSCP.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
DoD active security clearance may be required. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.Physical Requirements:
Work will require a fair amount of travel as well as sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary. Company Summary:
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
This job has expired.