Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Assists the Clearance Center Manager in the efficient operation of a Clearance Center post-retail processes. Supervises clients and staff in the processing of commodities for sale, recycling and refuse.
1. Maintains and provides excellent customer and staff relations.
2. Leads and encourages staff.
3. Supervises a diverse workforce including staff with mental and physical disabilities, volunteers and vocational challenges.
4. Provides staff training; assigns specific duties and follows-up.
5. Tracks productivity accurately and reports production on a daily basis.
6. Follows proper reporting and auditing procedures.
7. Assists in the maintenance of structural, electrical, store equipment and landscaping of store. 8. Ensures safety and security policies and procedures are followed.
9. Maintains excellent housekeeping standards.
10. Reconciles receipts and cash and prepares bank deposits.
11. Performs accurate operations of a cash register.
12. Loads and unloads trucks.
13. Utilizes forklift and or pallet jack to transfer goods or materials, if certified.
14. Utilizes bailer in the preparation of textiles or cardboard, if certified.
15. Disposes of trash and other materials in compactor, if certified.
16. Performs limited supervisory duties in the absence of the Clearance Center Manager.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
2. Must have intermediate knowledge of computer programs in a Windows environment, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
1-2 years of supervisory experience.
1-2 years of warehouse experience.
Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations for job duties in accordance with Federal and State law.
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
Other details Job Family Retail Pay Type Hourly
Daly City, California
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago