Grow your career with an industry leader and join the Prairie Farms family!
We are a tight-knit group with a family feel. We are proud of who we are and where we come from and enjoy helping our community.
Our hard-working team is in need of a Class B Route Sales Driver in Lexington, KY. Ideal candidate will have a positive, "can-do" attitude with relevant driving experience and a current Class B CDL license.
Reporting into the Branch Manager, the ideal candidate will be people-oriented and forward thinking, with excellent time management and oral and written communication skills.
Prairie Farms offers the successful candidate a great wage and benefit package, career stability and opportunity for growth with a successful and secure company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive over established routes or territory to sell and deliver dairy products.
- Maintain existing accounts, work to build strong customer relationships.
- Distribute all authorized products to accounts.
- Maintain company property such as trucks, computers, cell phones, money and etc.
- Required to adhere to company policies. Must abide by all D.O.T. and company D.O.T. guidelines.
- This person is also responsible for the dairy case at their stops on the route. These duties include keeping the stock rotated properly and the appearance of the product acceptable.
- This person also will have a great amount of customer contact and therefore should have or be able to attain sales skills.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor will be required.
- This person must possess and maintain a CDL Class B with air brake endorsements and be able to pass a DOT physical including a drug test.
- Route Sales Driver must be dependable, responsible, trust worthy, early riser, willing to work long and flexible hours.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday starting at 3am (10 hour days).
- Must have basic skills in math, reading and writing. Basic math skills include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Route Sales experience preferred.
- Must be able to drive, stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend required for virtually the entire shift. Balance pulling product, climb in and out of truck. Ability to lift and /or move up to six cases on hand truck. (Cases weigh 20 to 55 lbs.) Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environment, cold and hot temperatures.
*Guaranteed base pay of $800/week plus commission based on % of sales.
Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability