Offering a $1,000 new hire bonus for joining our amazing team in Westland, MI!
We are seeking an enthusiastic, customer focused driver with a Class B license and experience driving large trucks to utilize your experience across the Westland area. You will be collecting sharps and medical waste containers from our healthcare customer locations and delivering a high level of customer service daily. This role offers a high degree of autonomy, stable hours, access to some OT and good benefits. Our vehicle fleet is modern and well-maintained. We supply above and beyond the standard PPE for safe handling of medical waste and take training of our staff seriously- find out more about how we protect you at https://www.danielshealth.com/covid-19-employees
What will your job involve?
What are we looking for?
- Safely collecting, delivering and storing our medical waste containers at customer locations
- Providing strong customer service and building positive customer relationships
- Operating vehicles in a safe manner (straight trucks and tractor trailers as large as 26 and 53 feet long)
- Completing deliveries to time schedule, and clearly communicating changes or challenges as they arise
- Loading and unloading | Prioritizing and organizing your truck per schedule and needs
- Managing a route per leaderships direction | delivering timely, efficient and effective service
- Complying with DOT regulations, logging hours and roadside inspections
- Heavy lifting
Why work for us?
- COVID-19 considerations: Willingness to be COVID vaccinated necessary.
- Class B license with a clean driving record and valid medical card
- Willingness to work full time hours, approx. 40 hours a week
- Experience with pre-trip and post-trip vehicle evaluations
- Six months of driving experience with tractor trailers and/or straight trucks
- A flexible, can-do attitude with a strong customer focus
- Experience operating vehicles in a safe manner (straight trucks and tractor trailers as large as 26 and 53 feet long)
- Experience with DOT compliance, logging hours, roadside inspections
- Confident in a road check level 1 through level 3
- Proven longevity in past employment
- On time delivery practices!
Who are we?
Job stability - as an essential service to healthcare we are a non-seasonal and stable business
- Opportunities for overtime
Consistent work hours - Monday- Friday - 1st shift
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Your Medical, Dental and Vision benefits are effective on DAY ONE. All other benefits are effective 1st of the month following 30 days of employment). Paid Short-term disability ($0 cost to you!). Company sponsored life insurance. Accident Insurance and Voluntary long-term disability options!
Permanent position - This is a Full-time permanent role.
Competitive pay!! - This position is offering a pay rate of $21/hr!
New Hire Bonus - Get an extra $1,000 after successfully completing your probation period
We are a healthcare service company providing safety systems and regulated waste collections for hospitals and an array of customers within the healthcare industry. Our focus is delivering quality and safety-focused medical waste management services that reduce needlestick injuries, improve infection control and reduce the environmental footprint of our customers. As a service to our customers we dispose and treat medical waste at our treatment facilities across the U.S.
If this sounds like the role for you, or somebody you know then we look forward to speaking with you!
To find out more of what a day in the life of a driver looks like visit - Driving with Daniels!
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
This job has expired.