About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial is looking for Civil journeyman for a long term permanent job out at our DAK site in Gaston, SC.
Skilled in the building trades. Possesses strong knowledge in properties of concrete. Grading operations, concrete demolition, form and rebar construction. Competent in estimating concrete quantities, forming and site concrete. Understand safety requirements. Experience in superflat floors, surface treatments, quality control, troubleshooting, making repairs, and federal and state highway regulations. Knowledgeable in excavation activities .Operate a skid steer, back hoe and mini excavator.
Essential Functions / Duties:
- Establish building lines and control points from constructions drawings.
- Construct formwork and grade rod vertically and horizontal in proper alignments.
- Create control joints, Molds expansion joints and edges using a concrete saw, edging tools, jointers and straight edge.
- Install reinforcing steel and embeds according to construction drawings.
- Tie rebar, wire mesh and all support structures.
- Place concrete from a chute, Georgia buggy or a pump.
- Spreads concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, using float to bring water to surface and produce soft topping.
- Levels, smoothes, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete, using straightedge and float or power screed.
- Finishes flat and sloped concrete surfaces, using power trowel, or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish.
- Operates soil compaction equipment and concrete vibrator.
- Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, using power grinder or chisel and hammer, and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
- Application of concrete surface treatments, curing compounds and coatings.
- Direct sub grade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms.
- Follow set procedures and standards.
- Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
- Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Significant travel may be required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Conditions may include working in shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, including rooftops and other elevated positions as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, and working in awkward body positions.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.