Civil Engineer (Bridge)
GBA is looking for an Bridge Engineer to join us in our growing Round Rock, Texas office. The primary responsibilities of the Bridge Engineer will be applying structural engineering concepts on a wide range bridge inspection and design projects. Our bridge team takes pride in providing opportunities to cross train between design and inspection. The types of projects include bridge inspections (routine, fracture critical, underwater), waterfront structure inspections, bridge design, load rating, structural condition assessments, and rehabilitation design.
- Serve as Team Member on bridge inspections which would include field work and travel
- Develop technical inspection reports
- Perform structural load rating and design calculations
- Apply structural engineering concepts to a wide range of bridge design and inspection projects
- Assist with geometric layout and quantity development for bridge design projects
- Develop structural details using specialized software such as Microstation, AutoCAD or other Structural Design programs
It's More Than Just A Job...
- BS/MS in structural engineering or closely related field
- 1-4 years of experience (internship included)
- EIT certification
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Microstation and AutoCAD preferred
- Experience using structural analysis programs and bridge design software preferred (Conspan, RCPier, Merlin, MDS, STAAD)
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Excellent work ethic with an attitude and commitment to quality and working on an award willing bridge team
- Possess effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Field Work is required
- Travel is required
At GBA, we are not your average engineering firm. We are about innovative people who want to solve problems. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We strive to create remarkable solutions for a higher quality of life. And we are changing the industry by integrating the design and construction process with use of new technology.
Our people are ambitious, passionate and committed to creating high quality, imaginative projects. We've created an environment where we celebrate our team's eagerness to learn and grow. From birthdays and BBQs to protecting the environment and helping families in need, GBA employees celebrate and support one another and the communities where we live, work and play. Joining our team means you'll have rewarding opportunities that challenge and inspire you.
This job has expired.