KLAX-TV Alexandria Louisiana is an ABC affiliated television station under Lost Coast Broadcasting LLC/Cox Media Group. The stations' programming and news are hubbed out of another market and "passes through" the KLAX local TV station for transmission.
The primary responsibility of the chief engineer is to monitor and troubleshoot all systems, make sure stations are in compliance with FCC and other governing authorities, and support a small staff and computer systems. This opening could be a good pathway from a radio engineer or electronics/IT employee wising to transition into television. Particulars are including but not limited to:
What we look for
- Reliable, positive, and self-motivated individual with strong personal integrity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and working effectively under stress
- Following signal flows and taking meter readings and making corrective measures
- Meet the needs of staff members who need computer support.
- Proficient computer skills and able to operate MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Windows, non-linear editing video services, and more.
- Minimum of 3 years of Broadcast Engineering experience preferred.
- Knowledge of FCC Broadcast rules
- Technical Degree in electronics or related field desirable.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Position requires being on call after hours including weekends and holidays
- Position is supported by other corporate personnel in a helpdesk environment.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the broadcast operations.
- Recognizing and working safely around high voltages and other dangers
- Management of compliance with all regulatory and governmental agencies.
- Management of station assets, information technology, transmitter facilities and building operations.
- Responsible for ensuring quality broadcast operations, on air, news gathering and production.
- Effectively work in an IT environment and use good troubleshooting practices and test equipment.
- Good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Maintaining a fun, collaborative and effective work environment.
- Filing a weekly report with corporate engineering
If you wish to work for a company that rewards excellence and you a motivated, goal-oriented self starter, please email a resume and three current references to: Ron.Sweatte@Northwestbroadcasting.com
and Vickie Wright, Station Manager, at vwright@klax.-tv.com
.KLAX-DT, LOST COAST BROADCASTING LLC, COX MEDIA GROUP, AND TERRIER MEDIA BUYER, INC. ARE EQUAL OPPORUNITY EMPLOYERS.
This job has expired.