EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Chief Engineer (AOC - LOC)
Job Summary: EMCOR Government is seeking a talented Chief Engineer for a bid proposal in Culpeper, VA. The Chief Engineer provides supervisory oversight and has responsibility for the building's systems including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical and plumbing. This position requires a licensed stationary engineer (MD 1st Class or DC 3rd Class) with supervisory experience with both mechanical and electrical aptitudes.
*** This position is contingent upon contract award. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides supervisory oversight and has responsibility for the building's systems including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Monitors all equipment associated within the Facility through the use of the Building Monitoring System (BMS)
- Coordinates and reviews equipment round data sheets per shift. File all daily mechanical rounds sheets for review by the Project Manager and client
- Coordinate repairs by both in-house staff or vendors with the government.
- Ability to specify, locate and order material and replacement parts.
- Perform and recommend Preventative Maintenance (PM) on CUP equipment as required.
- Perform water treatment testing and enter data in daily log.
- Participate in the monthly operational testing of the emergency generators.
- Participate in the weekly operational testing of the fire pumps.
- Receive fuel deliveries and provide accurate fuel levels.
- Ensure that the daily logbook is completed and reviewed per shift in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to plan, organize and meet project
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and prioritize work, as
- Demonstrate working knowledge of engineering and building
- Ability to read, review, and understand
- Ability to work independently and as part of a
- Shall have an availability to work flexible hours as required in response to emergency
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, CMMS and project tracking software
- Shall be available for emergency contact by phone twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, 365 days a year
- Attend weekly safety meetings. Effectively communicate topics to second and third shifts.
- Follow and implement the corporate and site-specific Lock Out Tag Out policies and procedures.
- Obtain OSHA 10/30 General Industry Safety and Health certification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess at a minimum at least five (5) years of experience within the past seven (7) years in the management of building mechanical maintenance operations and supervision of technicians.
- Must have a current Maryland 1st Class or a District of Columbia 3rd Class Stationary Engineer license.
- Must demonstrate competency in other disciplines such as HVAC, plumbing and/or electrical through a combination of education, professional registration and experience.
- Must possess, or acquire within 120 days of contract award, a Class VI Waterworks Operator License from the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- An industry certification from International Facility Management Association (CFM, FMP and/or SFP), Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI), and/or Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE) are highly desirable
- Must be able to pass and maintain an Architect of the Capital background investigation.
- Must complete an OSHA 10/30 General Safety and Health Training class (supplied by EMCOR).
- Must have a valid driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee maybe exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.EMCOR Government Services requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Government Services is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer-Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.